- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 30 June 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 15 hrs ago 6 Tips To Reduce Hair Damage If You Use Straighteners Often
- 17 hrs ago Gorgeous Sara Ali Khan Looks Charming In Her New Saree, See Her Latest Picture!
- 18 hrs ago Corbevax Will Be Allowed As A Booster For Those Fully Vaccinated With Covishield Or Covaxin
- Movies Vikram Day 27 Box Office Collection Worldwide: Lokesh Kanagaraj Directorial Has No Boundaries At The BO!
- News GST Council defers decision on levying a 28% tax on casinos, online gaming, horse racing, lottery
- Technology List Of Smartphones Expected To Launch In July 2022: OnePlus Nord 2T, Nothing Phone 1, And More
- Sports Wimbledon: Raducanu 'didn't have expectations' after second-round exit
- Finance GST Council Meeting Announcement: Tax Hike To 18% On Household Items, Citizens' Concern
- Education Manabadi TS SSC Result 2022 Tomorrow: Download TS 10 Marksheet, Telangana Board TS SSC Result Website Links
- Automobiles Hyundai Ioniq 6 Electric Sedan Unveiled
- Travel Simple Train Travel hacks For Comfortable Experience
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday said that to promote the traditional medicine industry, India will soon launch the 'AYUSH mark' which will give authenticity to quality AYUSH products made in the country.
Speaking of "Heal in India", he also announced that a special visa category will be created soon for those who want to travel to the country to avail of AYUSH therapies.
PM Modi was speaking after the inauguration of the three-day Global AYUSH Investment and Innovation Summit at Mahatma Mandir in Gandhinagar in the presence of Mauritius Prime Minister Pravind Jugnauth and Director General of the World Health Organization Dr Tredos Ghebreyesus.
'AYUSH' denotes Ayurveda, Yoga, Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy. India has a central ministry dedicated to these alternative medicine systems.
"India will soon introduce the AYUSH mark, which will give authenticity to quality AYUSH products of the country. The mark will be given to products vetted using the latest technology. This will give confidence to people of the world that they are purchasing quality AYUSH products," Modi said.
"Traditional medicine helped increase tourism in Kerala. This power is in the whole of India, in every corner of India. 'Heal in India' can become a big brand in this decade. Wellness centres based on Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha, etc., can be very popular," the prime minister said.
The special "AYUSH visa" will help those who wish to seek traditional treatments in India, he said.
The possibilities of investment and innovation in the field of AYUSH are limitless with the country has witnessed unprecedented growth in the production of AYUSH medicines, supplements and cosmetics, the prime minister said.
"Before 2014, the AYUSH sector was less than $3 billion. Today it has also crossed $18 billion," he said.
There are also possibilities for investment and innovation in supply chain management, AYUSH-based diagnostic tools and telemedicine, PM Modi said.
The Union Ministry of AYUSH has also taken steps to encourage start-up culture in the field of traditional medicine, and an incubation centre developed by the All India Institute of Ayurveda was inaugurated recently, he noted.
"In India, this is an era of unicorns. In 2022, so far 14 start-ups from India have joined the unicorn club. I am sure unicorns will emerge from our AYUSH start-ups very soon," PM Modi said.
India of the 21st century wants to move ahead by sharing its experience, knowledge and information with the world, the prime minister said.
"The main reason for the prosperity of Ayurveda has been its open-source model. Ayurveda has developed through open-source tradition. Even today, we should learn from our ancestors to work with intellectual openness," PM Modi said.
The government is also working on the modernization and expansion of the AYUSH e-market portal to connect farmers with companies that make AYUSH products, he said, noting that medicinal plants can be a good source for increasing farmers' income.
"It has a large scope for employment generation. But we have seen that the markets for such plants and products are limited and specialized. It is very important that farmers involved in the production of medicinal plants get the facility to easily connect with the market," he said.
The new category 'AYUSH Aahar' introduced by the FSSAI last week in its regulations will help the producers of herbal nutritional supplements, Modi said.
The AYUSH Export Promotion Council, set up recently, will encourage exports and help find foreign markets, the prime minister added.
The government is going to create a network of AYUSH Parks to encourage research and provide a new direction to AYUSH manufacturing, he said.
The COVID-19 pandemic led to increase in the export of turmeric which was seen as an immunity booster, PM Modi noted.
During the same period, modern pharmaceutical companies developed made-in-India COVID-19 vaccines in a very short time, showing "how amazing they were when they got investment at the right time," he said.
"Who could have imagined that so soon we would be able to develop a made-in-India corona vaccine? Innovation and investment increase the capacities of any sector. Time has come to increase investment in the AYUSH sector as well, and this summit is a wonderful launch of the same," PM Modi said.
- wellnessICAR, CSIR, Ayush Ministry Pact For R&D Collaboration In Medicinal Plants, Ayurvedic Food
- healthEat Light Food, Improve Immunity: AYUSH Ministry Recommends 'Holistic Health' Measures To Fight COVID
- basicsCOVID-19: Homecare Guidelines By Ministry Of AYUSH On How To Take Care Of Children
- wellnessCOVID-19: Is Ceylon Tea A Potential Immunity Booster?
- wellnessCOVID-19: Immunity Boosting Tips For Indians By Ministry Of AYUSH
- wellnessBoost Up Research In Ayurveda, No Alternative To It In Rural India: President Kovind To Experts
- wellnessExpert Article: Healthy Lifestyle, The Ayurveda Way: Importance Of Dincharya
- wellnessHolistic Ayurveda Management Of Asthma (Expert Article)
- wellnessHealthy Lifestyle, The Ayurveda Way: Waking Up In Brahmmuhruta (Expert Article)
- wellnessIrritable Bowel Syndrome: An Ayurvedic Perspective (Expert Article)
- wellnessWhy Not To Consume Curd At Night
- disorders cureExpert Article: Prevent Kidney Parenchymal Disease Holistically With Ayurveda