- 1 hr ago Birthday Special: 4 Times Manisha Koirala Proved Ethnic Wear In Whites Were Made For Her!
- 3 hrs ago Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Ananya Panday: 7 Celeb-Approved Ways To Style Skinny Jeans
- 4 hrs ago Scientists Develop Smart Contact Lenses That Can Diagnose Cancer From Tears
- 5 hrs ago Janmashtami Outfits: Take Notes From Mouni Roy For The Ethnic Look
- Finance SBI, ICICI & HDFC Fixed Deposits FD Interest Rates Comparison: Effective From August 13
- Automobiles Everything You Need To Know About The Upcoming Ola Electric Car - 500Km Range & More
- Movies Taapsee Pannu On Boycott Culture: We Have Seen Us Getting Targeted In The Worst Possible Way
- Technology After Ban, BGMI To Return To India Soon
- News Monkeypox Outbreak: Asymptomatic infection can be a cause of concern, reveals study
- Sports Ultimate Kho Kho preview: Chennai Quick Guns seek maiden win, Mumbai Khiladis take on Gujarat Giants
- Education Joint CSIR UGC NET June 2022: August 17 Is Last Date To Apply, Hurry Up!
- Travel Milford Sound: New Zealand's Prime Attraction
India's tally of Covid infections rose by 15,940 in a day to reach 4,33,78,234 while the active caseload increased to 91,779, according to the Union Health Ministry data updated on Saturday.The death toll climbed to 5,24,974 with 20 more fatalities, the data updated at 8 am stated.
Active cases rose by 3,495 in a day and now comprise 0.21 per cent of the total infections, while the national COVID-19 recovery rate was recorded at 98.58 per cent, the health ministry said.
The daily positivity rate was recorded at 4.39 per cent while the weekly positivity rate was 3.30 per cent, according to the health ministry. The number of people who have recuperated from the disease surged to 4,27,61,481, while the case fatality rate was 1.21 per cent.
According to the ministry, 196.94 crore doses of Covid vaccine have been administered in the country so far. India's COVID-19 tally had crossed the 20-lakh mark on August 7, 2020, 30 lakh on August 23, 40 lakh on September 5 and 50 lakh on September 16. It went past 60 lakh on September 28, 70 lakh on October 11, and 80 lakh on October 29, 90 lakh on November 20, surpassing the one-crore mark on December 19.
The country crossed the grim milestone of two crore on May 4, three crore on June 23 and four crores on January 25 this year. Of the 20 more fatalities reported, 11 are from Kerala, three from Maharashtra, two from West Bengal and one each from Bihar, Delhi, Punjab and Rajasthan.
A total of 5,24,974 deaths have been reported so far in the country, including 1,47,896 from Maharashtra, 69,935 from Kerala, and 40,114 from Karnataka, 38,026 from Tamil Nadu, 26,243 from Delhi, 23,532 from Uttar Pradesh and 21,214 from West Bengal.
The health ministry stressed that more than 70 per cent of the deaths occurred due to comorbidities. "Our figures are being reconciled with the Indian Council of Medical Research," the ministry said on its website, adding that the state-wise distribution of figures is subject to further verification and reconciliation.
- wellnessHow Does COVID Affect Your Brain? Accelerated Brain Aging, Long-term Neuro Conditions Reported
- wellnessCOVID In Smokers: An Expert Explains
- disorders cureWhat Is ‘Centaurus,’ New Fast-Spreading Covid Variant: Everything You Need To Know
- wellnessCOVID-19 Vaccines Not Linked To 'Sudden Adult Death Syndrome', Say Scientists
- health75 Years Of Independence, 75 Days Of Free COVID Booster Shots; For Everyone Aged 18-59 From 15 July
- wellnessWhat Are The Health Risks Of Getting COVID The Second Or Third Time? 7 Important Points
- wellnessIncrease In Vaccination Reduced Covid-19 Fatalities In TN: Health Minister
- wellnessBA.2.38 Has Not Led To Any Increase In Hospitalisation, Disease Severity: INSACOG Reports
- wellness579 Fresh Covid Cases, Positivity Rate Declines To 3.46% In Delhi
- wellnessGap Between Second And Precaution Dose Of Covid-19 Vaccine Reduced To 6 Months
- wellnessNew N95 Face Mask That Can Kill Covid-19 Virus, Developed