- 2 hrs ago Birthday Special: 4 Times Manisha Koirala Proved Ethnic Wear In Whites Were Made For Her!
- 4 hrs ago Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Ananya Panday: 7 Celeb-Approved Ways To Style Skinny Jeans
- 5 hrs ago Scientists Develop Smart Contact Lenses That Can Diagnose Cancer From Tears
- 5 hrs ago Janmashtami Outfits: Take Notes From Mouni Roy For The Ethnic Look
- News CBI questions Congress MP Venugopal questioned in Kerala solar scam case
- Finance SBI, ICICI & HDFC Fixed Deposits FD Interest Rates Comparison: Effective From August 13
- Automobiles Everything You Need To Know About The Upcoming Ola Electric Car - 500Km Range & More
- Movies Taapsee Pannu On Boycott Culture: We Have Seen Us Getting Targeted In The Worst Possible Way
- Technology After Ban, BGMI To Return To India Soon
- Sports Ultimate Kho Kho preview: Chennai Quick Guns seek maiden win, Mumbai Khiladis take on Gujarat Giants
- Education Joint CSIR UGC NET June 2022: August 17 Is Last Date To Apply, Hurry Up!
- Travel Milford Sound: New Zealand's Prime Attraction
"The country has emerged successfully in the management of the pandemic," Health and Family Welfare Minister Mansukh Mandaviya said on Saturday, after the country successfully spearheaded the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
The country also developed a "robust and strong mechanism to counter the public health issues," he said.
Declaring open the Jipmer International School of Public Health here, Mandaviya said the dedication of the institution to the nation marks an important event. The school will help India as well as the world efficiently tackle various global public health issues and challenges.
"It will also provide the highest level of education in public health, generate sustainable value-based solutions and strengthen the capacity for services and research in the health sector," he said.
He said the Central government had allotted Rs 66 crore for the construction of the infrastructure to house the school. "The school would meet the health care requirements of people not only in our country but also serve the entire world. This is in tandem with the Indian philosophy of Vasudaiva Kudumbakam" (whole world is one family)," the Minister said, calling upon students and health administrators to be ambassadors of health care and provide services with compassion.
Lt Governor Tamilisai Soundararajan presided over the event and said the Ayushman Bharath scheme was a very effective health initiative and that the Prime Minister had introduced the scheme to enable the poor to get medical care for various ailments.
In his address, Chief Minister N Rangasamy said Jipmer had earned a good reputation all over the country. He said there were still certain shortcomings in health care services in the institute that should be rectified.
Puducherry Speaker R Selvam, MPs V Vaithilingam and S Selvaganapathy and Jipmer Director Rakesh Aggarwal among others were present.
The Health Minister earlier laid the foundation stone for the International Centre of excellence for training in medical entomology at the Vector Control Research Centre (VCRC) of Indian Council for Medical Research here. He also visited the Mosquito Museum there.
In a tweet, he said the museum is a vital source of information for government planners and a goldmine for researchers. Earlier in the day, Mandaviya performed yoga at Auroville, near here.
- wellnessHow Does COVID Affect Your Brain? Accelerated Brain Aging, Long-term Neuro Conditions Reported
- wellnessCOVID In Smokers: An Expert Explains
- disorders cureWhat Is ‘Centaurus,’ New Fast-Spreading Covid Variant: Everything You Need To Know
- wellnessCOVID-19 Vaccines Not Linked To 'Sudden Adult Death Syndrome', Say Scientists
- health75 Years Of Independence, 75 Days Of Free COVID Booster Shots; For Everyone Aged 18-59 From 15 July
- wellnessWhat Are The Health Risks Of Getting COVID The Second Or Third Time? 7 Important Points
- wellnessIncrease In Vaccination Reduced Covid-19 Fatalities In TN: Health Minister
- wellnessBA.2.38 Has Not Led To Any Increase In Hospitalisation, Disease Severity: INSACOG Reports
- wellness579 Fresh Covid Cases, Positivity Rate Declines To 3.46% In Delhi
- wellnessGap Between Second And Precaution Dose Of Covid-19 Vaccine Reduced To 6 Months
- wellnessNew N95 Face Mask That Can Kill Covid-19 Virus, Developed