- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 30 June 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 14 hrs ago 6 Tips To Reduce Hair Damage If You Use Straighteners Often
- 17 hrs ago Gorgeous Sara Ali Khan Looks Charming In Her New Saree, See Her Latest Picture!
- 17 hrs ago Corbevax Will Be Allowed As A Booster For Those Fully Vaccinated With Covishield Or Covaxin
- Movies Vikram Day 27 Box Office Collection Worldwide: Lokesh Kanagaraj Directorial Has No Boundaries At The BO!
- News GST Council defers decision on levying a 28% tax on casinos, online gaming, horse racing, lottery
- Technology List Of Smartphones Expected To Launch In July 2022: OnePlus Nord 2T, Nothing Phone 1, And More
- Sports Wimbledon: Raducanu 'didn't have expectations' after second-round exit
- Finance GST Council Meeting Announcement: Tax Hike To 18% On Household Items, Citizens' Concern
- Education Manabadi TS SSC Result 2022 Tomorrow: Download TS 10 Marksheet, Telangana Board TS SSC Result Website Links
- Automobiles Hyundai Ioniq 6 Electric Sedan Unveiled
- Travel Simple Train Travel hacks For Comfortable Experience
Each year, the 21st of June is observed as International Yoga Day. The day was proclaimed by the United Nations General Assembly in 2014 and has been observed annually since then. The Indian Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, had proposed the date of 21 June in his UN address in 2014, because it is the longest day of the year in the Northern Hemisphere and holds special significance in many parts of the world.
The theme for International Yoga Day 2022 is Yoga for humanity. On this International Yoga Day, let's take a look at how to do yoga at home.
How To Do Yoga At Home?
Practising yoga poses will not only get you to get rid of achy and inflamed muscles but also help improve the blood flow into your brain and create peace of mind. Developing a regular yoga practice can be challenging for many people. Here are some tips to help you get started.
1. Pick a time that is convenient for you
Yoga is generally considered best practised in the morning as this keeps energy levels high throughout the day. However, yoga can be practised at any time that is convenient for you. Practising yoga in the evening can refresh the mind and relieve stress that has built up all day .
2. Consider beginning with five minutes, five poses, or five breaths
Every breath counts when practising yoga, and no minimum duration is required. Especially if you are feeling nervous about getting started, do not overextend yourself. Instead of committing a significant amount of time upfront, begin by making small, sustainable commitments. In addition, you can start by practising just one pose and let things naturally develop from there. Observe how your body responds to movement .
3. Warm up before practising intense yoga poses
This is essential; otherwise, you could strain your muscles. Do a few stretches to warm up your body and improve flexibility before moving on to more intense yoga postures.
4. Pick a comfortable location
For daily yoga practice, it would be best to have a small, private room in your house. You may also choose a quiet space at home that is large enough to lay out a yoga mat where you are unlikely to be disturbed for a few minutes. Ensure your yoga space is clean, well-ventilated, and away from furniture or sharp objects .
5. Practice on a relatively empty stomach
Yoga postures are best performed on an empty stomach. Therefore, ensure you maintain a two to three-hour gap between eating and practising .
6. Wear comfortable yoga clothing
Choose loose, comfortable clothing - you would not want tight, body-constricting clothes in the way of wide stretches. Keep away any excessive jewellery you may be wearing and avoid wearing heavy makeup.
7. Consistency is important
You must practice yoga regularly. You can turn it into a habit if you make it a regular part of your daily schedule. For example, a daily yoga practice of twenty minutes is more likely to demonstrate positive results sooner than a practice of two hours occasionally.
8. Relax with Savasana
After practising yoga, allowing your body time to relax in Savasana is extremely important. As a result of the practice, the nervous system requires time to assimilate the benefits. As a result, after a yoga practice, especially after a particularly intense class, you may feel unnecessarily wired .
9. Include different yoga techniques
Try different yoga poses and breathing exercises. As a time-saving alternative, set aside a set of asanas that you will do every day, and then treat your body with the complete package on a Sunday. Do not forget to end your yoga practise with Yoga Nidra.
Yoga practice is more than just asanas. Aside from Pranayama (breathing exercises), meditation and Sudarshan Kriya are also integrated into the home sessions .
10. Consider taking online yoga classes
Online yoga classes or even videos by experts are an easy way to start practising yoga at home. Visual learning is always easy and can help you quickly grasp the poses without making errors that could potentially hurt you.
11. Enjoy your practice
It is important not to overdo it; if you do not enjoy your yoga practice, you will not continue it. Yoga should be something you look forward to. If you feel that yoga is becoming a chore, maybe you should try another style or teacher .
- faith mysticismInternational Day Of Yoga 2022: Swami Avdheshanandji Leads Josh MASH Yoga Day Campaign
- diet fitnessInternational Day Of Yoga: From Delhi To Beijing, Thousands Begin Their Day With Yoga
- wellnessInternational Yoga Day 2022: What To Do Before And After Yoga Practice
- diet fitnessInternational Day Of Yoga 2022: What is Yoga Nidra? Benefits And How To Perform
- skin careInternational Yoga Day 2022: Beauty Benefits Of Yoga And Yogasanas You Should Try
- yoga spiritualityInternational Yoga Day 2022 Highlights: Yoga Is A Way Of Life, Says PM Narendra Modi
- diet fitnessInternational Day of Yoga 2022: Safe And Effective Yoga Poses For Thyroid Problems
- diet fitnessInternational Day Of Yoga 2022: Beneficial Yoga Poses For People With Parkinson’s Disease
- prenatalDoes Yoga Have Side Effects? What Pregnant Women And People With Ailments Should Know
- diet fitness11 Common Yoga Mistakes You Might Be Making And How To Avoid Them
- body care5 Beauty Practices That Can Actually Make You Feel Relaxed And At Peace!
- wellnessIndia Soon To Introduce Special AYUSH Visa For Those Seeking Traditional Treatment In The Country: PM Modi