- 3 hrs ago Actress Kriti Sanon Is A Dream In Pink Ethnic Wear - See Pics!
- 5 hrs ago Monkeypox In Children: Symptoms To Watch Out For And More Details
- 7 hrs ago Monkeypox Vs Coronavirus: How The Two Infections Differ From Each Other
- 9 hrs ago Jagannath Rath Yatra 2022: Greetings, Wishes, Quotes, SMS, Messages, And Images
- Sports IPL 2022: Riyan Parag drops a sitter to give Rajat Patidar a breather, netizens remind him of karma
- Finance Emkay Global Gives A Buy Call To This Maharatna Stock For A Potential Gain Of 27.3%
- Automobiles Top 10 Best Selling 6-seater/7-seater UVs In April 2022
- News Monkeypox spreads only through monkeys? 6 myths about the infection busted
- Movies MIFF 2022: 102 Documentary, Short Fiction And Animation Films Competing For Golden Conch & Silver Conch Awards
- Education UPSC Prelims Exam On June 5, Important Topics To Be Revised Before CSE 2022
- Technology How To Mark Parking Spot In Google Maps
- Travel June 2022: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
In the course of the holiday season, the feeling of sadness can last for a long time, especially during the months of December and even January. This is referred to as the holiday blues or holiday depression. Holidays are usually regarded as a time of joy and happiness. However, it may be a time of reflection, sadness, loneliness, anxiety, and depression for some individuals.
Even those who enjoy the holiday season can experience the blues during this busy time of year. There is often a high level of emotion and demands around the holiday season, resulting in people feeling stressed and exhausted.
However, it is not necessary that you have to embrace the sadness and push through. There are several ways you can boost your mood this joyful season. Take a look.
Tips On How To Beat The Holiday Blues
1. Connect And Socialise
Reaching out to family members and friends during the holidays can help if you experience feelings of isolation, loneliness, or sadness.
Feelings of social isolation may exacerbate depression. Unfortunately, sadness often makes you want to hide at home by yourself. In addition, if you are away from family during the holidays, reaching out for social support can be more difficult. You may be able to meet new people and strengthen your ties to your community through volunteering for a local organisation if you do not have a lot of people to call or visit . Doing something meaningful for others can help reduce loneliness, depression, and stress during the holidays.
2. Accept The Loss
When grieving the loss of a loved one, certain holiday customs or memories can serve as a reminder of their absence. Instead of suppressing your feelings of sadness, you might find it helpful to acknowledge your feelings and commemorate the person you have lost.
Consider establishing a new holiday tradition in their honour. Conversely, you may choose to skip other traditions or activities that are too painful to participate in without them .
3. Set Realistic Expectations
Limiting stress requires setting realistic expectations. You may want to scale back on holiday decorations, baking goals, and social engagements if you are feeling overwhelmed. Prioritise the tasks and activities that are most important to you rather than taking on everything.
Budgeting for the holidays may also reduce stress by reducing financial strain . Avoid spending more than you can afford on gifts and activities.
4. Take Care Of Yourself
While practising healthy habits might not be your number one priority during the holiday season, they are imperative to maintaining good mental health. Basic things such as maintaining a healthy diet, exercising regularly, keeping up with the activities you typically engage in, as well as participating in the positive activities you enjoy, and not allowing stressful events to overwhelm all that - this is the foundation for healthy coping strategies. Be sure to get enough sleep, exercise, and moderate your consumption of holiday treats.
5. Plan Ahead
If you plan ahead, you may be able to cope with whatever holiday stressors you encounter.
6. Drink Only In Moderation
Alcohol is a depressant and drinking too much alcohol can intensify any negative emotions. You do not have to stop drinking immediately. Don't use alcohol as a means of dealing with or avoiding difficult emotions, but rather limit your consumption. Try to limit your consumption of alcoholic drinks to one or two when attending social functions .
7. Learn To Say 'No'
As the holidays approach, more people ask for help and make demands on your time and resources. Invitations to holiday parties can quickly turn into stressful obligations . It is always possible for small favours for friends to turn into huge projects that you did not anticipate. Identify your limits and learn how to say "no" to avoid overcommitting.
We hope you have a peaceful and mindful holiday season. Happy New Year!
List Of Mental Health Helpline Numbers:
- iCall: 9152987821 | Mon-Sat, 8:00 AM -10:00 PM
- COOJ Mental Health Foundation (COOJ): 0832-2252525 | 01:00 PM - 07:00 PM | Monday to Friday
- Fortis Stress Helpline: +918376804102
- Parivarthan: +91 7676 602 602 | 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM | Monday to Friday
- Connecting Trust: +91 992 200 1122 | +91-992 200 4305 | 12:00 PM to 08:00 PM | All days of the week
- Roshni Trust: 040-66202000, 040-66202001 | 11:00 AM - 09:00 PM | Monday to Sunday
- Sahai: 080-25497777 | 10 AM- 8 PM Monday To Saturday | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sumaitri: 011-23389090 | email@example.com | 2 PM- 10 PM Monday To Friday; 10 AM - 10 PM Saturday And Sunday
- Sanjeevani: 011-24311918, 24318883 | Timings: 10:00 AM - 5.30 PM (Monday to Friday)
- Sneha: 044-24640050 (24 HOURS) | 044-24640060 8 AM - 10 PM |firstname.lastname@example.org Lifeline: email@example.com - 033-24637401 | 033-24637432 | 10 AM - 6 PM .
- bollywood wardrobeEsha Gupta’s Turquoise Blue Bodycon Dress Is So Affordable That You Can Easily Add It To Your Closet
- bollywood wardrobeNeha Sharma Exudes Summer Vibes In Her Chic Outfit As She Chills With Peacock And Relaxes In The Lap Of Nature
- bollywood wardrobeHina Khan’s Pretty White Lace Dress, Lovely Hat And Stylish Sunglasses Could Be Your Next Holiday Look
- lifeSeason's Greetings: Heartwarming Greetings And WhatsApp Messages For Family, Friends and Colleagues
- lifeWondering What To Do In Home Alone? Here Are 13 Interesting Things You Can Choose From
- pulseFatal Amusement Park Accidents That Rocked The World
- pulseBest Ways To Spend Summer Vacation At Home
- lifeZanzibar Islands: An Exotic African Holiday Destination!
- lifeTop 7 Hyderabad Attractions For Holiday Makers
- trends n styleCruise In Luxury The 'Streets Of Monaco Yacht'
- trends n styleExperience Bubble Tent Camping This Summer Vacation!
- lifeYou Must Visit These 'Unusual Hotels'!