- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 16 May 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 19 hrs ago Got Thin Brittle Nails? Check Out These 8 Kitchen Ingredients That Can Help
- 19 hrs ago Expert Article: Causes And Prevention Of Repeated IVF Failures
- 21 hrs ago Satyanarayan Puja May 2022 Date: Know All The Four Vrat Kathas Assosiated With This Day
- News Sizzling hot temperatures: Delhi sees record 49 degrees Celsius
- Movies Dance Deewane Fame Tushar Kalia Gets Engaged To GF Triveni Barman; See Pictures
- Sports IPL 2022, LSG vs RR, Highlights: Rajasthan Royals clinch comprehensive 24-run win over Lucknow Super Giants
- Finance Maruti Suzuki Lines Up Rs 5,000 Crore Capex For Current Fiscal
- Technology Motorola Edge 30 Vs Motorola Edge 20: How Is The Successor Better?
- Automobiles Tips To Protect Car Paint
- Travel Fun-filled Family Weekend Getaways Near Delhi
- Education CG Board Class 12th Result Out: Kunti Sao Becomes Topper With 98.20%
Every year, 8 March is observed as International Women's Day (IWD). A global day celebrating women's social, economic, cultural and political achievements, Women's Day also marks the need for accelerating gender equality.
The theme for International Women's Day 2021 is 'Choose To Challenge,' promoted with the hashtag #ChooseToChallenge. Purple, green and white are the colours of International Women's Day, where purple signifies justice and dignity, green symbolizes hope, and white represents purity, which has been a controversial topic.
On this Women's Day, we bring you a list of foods that are specifically beneficial for the female body's health and explore why these foods are beneficial for women. Let's take a look at the foods for women.
List Of Foods Women Should Eat
Whatever that you put into your body determines your health. Certain foods are beneficial for women's health, helping manage diseases like diabetes, breast cancer, and heart disease. These can also strengthen the bones, fortify the immune system, and protect the skin .
As studies point out, women need to focus on certain nutrients to keep themselves healthy and combat the most prevalent female health issues through the various stages of ageing.
Tomatoes are one of the healthiest foods for women's health. Tomatoes contain an antioxidant called lycopene, which protects our DNA from the damage that can lead to breast, endometrial, lung, stomach and prostate cancers .
These contain antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids, and it has been found that munching just two ounces of walnuts a day will help improve blood flow to and from the heart in just 8 weeks. The same amount has the capacity to slow the development of breast cancer as well. Walnut's efficiency in preventing coronary heart diseases has been confirmed by several studies .
Studies have pointed out women's risk of stroke increases after menopause due to decreased levels of oestrogen. Bananas are high in potassium and low in sodium. They can lower blood pressure and protect against heart attack and stroke .
Eating more prebiotic foods like spinach will help prevent flare-ups like allergies, gestational diabetes, vaginal infections, and excess weight gain. This food contains sulphoquinovose, a food source for gut bugs, thereby preventing the growth of bad bacteria in the body .
5. Nettle Leaves
Nettles are a rich plant-based source of iron and folic acid. It also contains vitamin K that helps you deal with anaemia due to heavy periods . You can make a tea using the nettle herb and sleep for at least 30 minutes after consuming it.
6. Red Bell Pepper
They are the best sources of vitamin C and are beneficial for your skin and immunity. Eating more red peppers can help reduce the wrinkling and dryness of the skin. Adding a good amount of vitamin C to your diet will help protect you from catching cold or flu .
Beets are a unique source of betalain pigments, which have been found to display potent antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and chemopreventive properties . It contains betaine that helps fight inflammation and boosts metabolism. It also raises serotonin levels and helps boost your mood.
If Alzheimer's disease runs in your family, then you must take extra care of your diet to minimise its risk . One of the best things you can do is to add cinnamon to your diet. Cinnamon contains proanthocyanins and cinnamaldehyde that help inhibit the formation of Alzheimer's causing protein. Further, it also moderates the spike in blood sugar levels .
Another healthy and a must diet addition for women are lentils. Consuming lentils once a week can help balance the sugar levels, help with weight maintenance, and have cancer preventative compounds .
Add pumpkin to your diet for better eye health. In the form of beta-carotene, vitamin A present in pumpkin can help improve vision and slow down age-related vision problems.
Salmon is high in its omega-3 content and anti-inflammatory fatty acids that can decrease the chances of a person dying from heart disease by almost 33 per cent . It also helps in decreasing the possibility of arthritis.
12. Lean Beef
One of the best sources of iron for premenopausal women, lean beef, can help improve the iron levels in your body when consumed once every week.
13. Whole Grain Bread
Eating more fibre-rich foods may reduce the risk of breast cancer. It reduces the oestrogen levels in the blood, which is associated with the formation of breast cancer development. A single slice of whole bread can provide up to 6 grams of fibre .
List of other foods that can be beneficial for women are as follows:
- Plain yoghurt
- Sweet potatoes
- Olive oil
- Dark chocolate
On A Final Note…
On this women's day, celebrate yourself and celebrate the women in your life.
- womenWomen’s Day 2022: What Colour Should You WearOn This Special Day?
- bollywood wardrobeOn International Women’s Day 2021, Rashami Desai Shares Thoughts On Empowerment And Flaunts Her Pink Dress
- make up tipsInternational Women’s Day 2021: New Generation Divas And Their Inspiring Makeup Game
- insyncInternational Women’s Day 2021: Google Doodle Highlights And Honours The Women’s Firsts
- womenInternational Women’s Day 2021: Know About The All-Women SWAT Team Of Delhi Police
- wellnessWomen’s Day 2021: Common Health Issues That Affect Women From Their 20s To 60s
- womenInternational Women’s Day 2021: Famous Quotes And Saying By Some Renowned Women
- diet fitnessExercise Tips For Women Over 40
- bollywood wardrobeSonam Kapoor Ahuja Proves She Is The Ultimate Heroine With These Three Dramatic Gowns
- fashion trendsInternational Women’s Day 2020: Top Jewellery Ideas That Can Make You Feel Empowered
- wellnessWomen’s Health: Nutritionist’s Guide On Taking Care Of Your Health
- parents and childrenMother's Day Gifting Ideas As Per Your Mom's Zodiac Sign - Expert Suggestions