- 1 hr ago Who Was Rakesh Jhunjhunwala? Facts About 'India's Warren Buffett'
- 4 hrs ago What Causes Children To Become Narcissists: 4 Types Of Narcissism In Children, And The Influence Of Parents
- 5 hrs ago How To Drape Saree For Varamahalakshmi Kalasha
- 7 hrs ago Chidambara Rahasyam: Unknown Facts And Secrets Of The Chidambara Temple
- News Independence Day 2022 Celebrations LIVE Updates: President Murmu to deliver maiden address to nation today
- Sports South Africa paceman Duanne Olivier ruled out of England Test series
- Movies Laal Singh Chaddha: Academy Heaps Praises On Aamir Khan's Film, Calls It A Faithful Adaptation Of Forest Gump
- Travel Places to Visit on the Eve of Independence Day in India
- Finance Veteran Investor Jhunjhunwala Started Journey In Share Market With Just Rs 5000
- Automobiles Honda CB300F First Ride Review - Aggressive Fighter Neutered By Head Scratching Price Tag
- Technology Jio Rs. 750 Prepaid Plan Launched With 2GB Data Per Day And More
- Education TS EAMCET Result 2022 Declared @eamcet.tsche.ac.in; Check Scorecard Here
Turmeric lemonade is a healthy and refreshing drink with many health benefits. It is considered the best way to get the therapeutic benefits of both the turmeric and lime, without compromising on the taste.
Turmeric is used as a dietary spice for centuries. Curcumin, the primary phytochemical in turmeric is effective against a variety of disorders such as anorexia, diabetic wounds, liver diseases, arthritis and inflammatory diseases. 
On the other hand, lemonade or lemon juice has its own list of benefits against diseases like calcium urolithiasis, a type of kidney stone disease and also in the management of weight. The main component in lemonade is citric acid along with other nutrients like folate and potassium. 
In this article, we will discuss the health benefits of turmeric lemonade. Take a look.
1. Prevents Alzheimer’s
Curcumin and citric acid are both powerful antioxidants and have potent anti-inflammatory effects against diseases. Turmeric lemonade can help suppress oxidative damage to the brain, reduce inflammation and prevent cognitive decline and accumulation of amyloid. This can decrease the risk of Alzheimer's and may help prevent the condition. 
2. Reduces depressive symptoms
Turmeric lemonade works as an antidepressant and may help reduce depressive symptoms such as anxiety, fatigue, loss of interest, loss of appetite, sleep problems, irritation, anger, mood swings and suicidal thoughts. This is due to antioxidants in both the herbs which helps in the proper functioning of the brain. 
3. Can lower cancer risk
According to a study, curcumin exhibits potent antioxidant ability at neutral and acidic pH. As citric acid has acidic pH, it can help in the activation and proper absorption of curcumin by the body. When properly activated, curcumin can induce apoptosis and reduce the risk of cancer.  Also, another study says that coumarins in lemon fruit peel have promising chemopreventive agents. 
4. Protects the liver
A study says that citric acid helps reduce endotoxin-induced oxidative stress and may prevent the liver from its damage or injury.  Curcumin too has a protective effect on liver against mercury-induced oxidative stress. This shows that turmeric lemonade can help protect the liver and improve its functions.
5. Boosts immunity
The antioxidant activity of both lime and turmeric fuels in lymphocytes and macrophages. Lymphocytes are white blood cells that help fight off infections while macrophages are large white blood cells that help locate pathogens in the body, surround them and kill them. 
6. Heals wounds
Vitamin C and curcumin both have wound-healing abilities. Both the compounds enhance expression of collagen by fibroblasts that further help increase the formation of granulation tissue and heal wounds at a faster rate. Also, they help prevent the risk of infections in the wounds due to their antibacterial activities. 
7. Reduces inflammation
Inflammation is responsible for a range of diseases such as arthritis, asthma, hepatitis, bowel diseases, injury, diabetes and cancer. Curcumin and citric acid both have strong anti-inflammatory properties. They help protect the body against inflammation and related symptoms, thus prevent the risk of the aforementioned diseases. 
8. Helps with weight loss
Curcumin in turmeric helps improve the metabolism of the body and controls hunger. It also prevents the accumulation of fats in the tissues of the stomach and liver. On the other hand, vitamin C in lemon also acts as a fat burner while pectin, a natural fibre in lime helps prevent food cravings. Together, they help in reducing weight and maintaining the proper body functions. 
How To Prepare Turmeric Lemonade
- Two lemons
- Four cups of water
- Two cups of ice cubes (optional, only if you want iced turmeric lemonade)
- A teaspoon of turmeric
- Honey or maple syrup (optional, only if you want a sweet taste)
- A small piece of ginger (optional)
- Squeeze lemons in a jar. Then add water and ice cubes.
- Add the remaining ingredients; turmeric, honey and ginger.
- Blend the mixture until the ice cubes are blended properly.
- Let the mixture stand for one minute.
- Serve. You can decorate the glass with a lemon wedge or mint leaves.
- recipesSummer Drinks And Coolers: How To Prepare Pineapple Lemonade With Just 3 Ingredients
- wellness10 Herbs And Spices That May Help Reduce The Risk Of Dementia
- skin careTurmeric And Garlic Homemade Face Masks For Fighting Acne: Which One Would You Choose?
- wellnessTurmeric For Depression: Does It Help Ease The Symptoms? How To Use
- wellnessHealth Benefits Of Mango Ginger And Its Uses: How Is It Different From Ginger?
- wellnessFather’s Day 2021: Benefits And Dietary Guidelines For Men Over 50 On Keto Diet
- basicsWorld Breastfeeding Week 2021: Benefits Of Turmeric For Pregnant And Breastfeeding Women
- wellness12 Amazing Health Benefits Of Turmeric Coffee And How To Prepare It
- diabetesIs Turmeric Effective In The Prevention And Management Of Diabetes?
- wellnessIs Thai Food Healthy? Everything You Need To Know About Popular Thai Ingredients
- skin care9 Ways To Use Turmeric For Acne
- wellnessHow To Get Rid Of A Stye: Safe And Effective Home Remedies