- Movies Karan Johar In Talks With Sourav Ganguly For A Biopic On The Latter?
- News Violence in Delhi planned with eye on Trump visit: Juinor Home Minister
- Sports Hero I-League 2019-20: Real Kashmir stay in the mix with narrow victory over Indian Arrows
- Technology Huawei's Developer Day Summit 2020: Announcements That Caught Everyone's Attention
- Travel 8 Best Summer Beach Destinations In India
- Finance NPCI Launches ‘UPI Chalega' Campaign Targeting New Users
- Automobiles Honda City 2020 Model To Be Unveiled On 16 March: Details, Bookings And Expected Price
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
Most fitness enthusiasts and celebrities swear by drinking a glass of hot water in the morning on an empty stomach. Do you know why? Because drinking hot water in the morning provides an array of health benefits; from weight loss to improving digestion, it can do wonders for your health.
As per Ayurveda and ancient Chinese medicine, starting the day with a glass of hot water cleanses the system, speeds up metabolism and strengthens the immune system.
The ideal temperature for hot water should be between 120 degree Fahrenheit and 140 degree Fahrenheit. The temperature exceeding this will scald your taste buds.
Health Benefits Of Drinking Hot Water
1. Aids in weight loss
Drinking hot water first thing in the morning can help in losing weight. The reason is warm water raises the temperature of the body, which in turn, increases the metabolic rate. When your metabolic rate is increased, your body is able to burn more calories throughout the day, thereby helping in losing weight .
2. Improves digestion
Drinking hot water in the morning activates the digestive tract by hydrating the stomach and intestines, eliminates toxins from the body, lowers the risk of constipation and supports regular bowel movements. It also helps in breaking down foods making them easier for digestion, thus helping in proper digestion.
3. Lowers sinus headache
Drinking hot water is beneficial for lowering sinus headache as it helps in clearing out the accumulated mucous, relieves the symptoms of sinus congestion and unclogs out the sinuses .
4. Enhances blood circulation
Drinking hot water increase blood circulation in the body by expanding the arteries and veins which help in proper blood flow in the body. This further helps in alleviating muscle pain, relaxes the muscles and reduces the risk of heart disease.
5. Helps in detoxifying the body
Hot water aids in body detoxification by eliminating the toxins out of the body. When you drink warm water it elevates the body temperature, which causes sweating and through sweat the toxins are eliminated from the body.
6. Fights cold
The heat from the warm water is very effective in curing cold and relieving chest congestion because it helps clear out the mucous from the chest and unclogs the sinuses .
7. Relieves menstrual cramps
When you are on your periods, drink warm water as it increases blood flow in the abdominal muscles which helps soothe and relaxes the muscles.
8. Prevents premature ageing
The accumulation of unwanted toxins in the body leads to faster ageing of the skin. Drinking hot water will cleanse the body from toxins and repair the skin cells to increase skin elasticity.
9. Relieves achalasia symptoms
Achalasia is a chronic condition that affects the lower oesophageal sphincter (LES). According to a study, achalasia patients who drank hot water relieved the symptoms of achalasia, reduced LES resting pressure and helped in relaxing the LES .
Risks Of Drinking Hot Water
If the water is too hot it may burn your tongue and cause scalds. So, the water should be pleasantly warm to touch so that when you drink you don't get a burn.
How Much Hot Water Should You Drink A Day?
You should drink at least 2 litres of hot water per day in order to reap all the health benefits.