- 4 hrs ago Sonakshi Sinha, Karisma Kapoor, And Other Divas Flaunt Party Outfits At This Party
- 5 hrs ago On Zeenat Aman's Birthday, The Actress Whose Fashion Was Beyond The Conformist Narrative
- 6 hrs ago Copaiba Oil: Health Benefits, Risks And How To Use
- 6 hrs ago Urvashi Rautela's Perfect Glossy Pout And Pretty Half Updo Hairstyle Are Something You Can't Miss
- Sports Bangladesh bans Shahadat Hossain for five years for assault
- Technology 99% of Xiaomi Smartphones Sold In India Are Made In The Country
- News Pak court to announce judgement in treason case against Pervez Musharraf on Nov 28
- Movies Sushmita Sen Birthday Special: 4 Factors That Prove The Former Miss Universe Is A Superwoman!
- Automobiles MotoGP Repsol Honda Team Signs Alex Marquez For 2020 Season: Will Race With Marc Marquez
- Travel Overtourism – Why It Matters, The Destinations Affected And How To Combat It
- Finance Job Creation Growth In India Slowed Down In Last 2 Years: CARE Ratings
- Education JEE Main 2020 Sample Question Paper With Solution For Numerical Value Section
Amidst all the burden of college projects, daily stressful activities and financial commitments, the health and well-being of youngsters often take a back seat. Therefore, on this World Students' Day (15 October) we will share some health and wellness tips for college students.
College life is the time when students most often tend to miss their food due to the pressure of academic assignments. Healthy habits which include physical activity and eating nutritious foods go for a toss.
Here are some health and wellness tips to ensure that you stay fit and healthy.
1. Have breakfast
Start your day by having a healthy breakfast as it is the most important meal of the day. After you get up in the morning, your body needs food for energy to get you going throughout the day  . So make sure that you start your day with a healthy and balanced breakfast.
2. Stick to your schedule
The hectic class hours will make it difficult for you to stick to your normal schedule. Keep a diary which has all your daily activities written so that you can plan your daily routine accordingly.
3. Don't skip meals
With back-to-back classes and running to the library for studying, you might miss your meals and this might be harmful to the body because the body may go into starvation mode and your metabolism will slow down. To avoid this, grab foods that you can eat on the run and you'll have the energy to keep going.
4. Stay active
Indulge in some physical activity like walking, running, swimming or cycling. These exercises have numerous health benefits including boosting up your brain that further helps in releasing feel-good chemicals, thus fighting stress and depression  .
5. Don't study on your bed
Studying on your bed can make you fall asleep easily. Keep your study area separate from your sleep space to prevent you from falling asleep easily. In addition to that, studying on your bed without proper back support can give you bad posture and lead to back ache.
6. Avoid studying all night
Many students feel studying all night will make them do well in their exams, but this actually harms your body. Not getting adequate sleep at night will impair your ability to do well in exams, regardless of how much you have studied  . So, make sure that you at least get some sleep at night the day before your exams.
7. Avoid drinking coffee before bed
Drinking coffee or eating junk food before bedtime can throw your body's internal clock off balance. So try limiting your caffeine or junk food consumption a few hours before going to bed  .
8. Drink moderately
When you are in college, it is definite that you will socialize and party with friends. During this time, consuming alcoholic drinks in excess can cause hangover and have a negative impact on the body. So drink in moderation.
9. Take vitamin supplements
Sometimes, it becomes difficult to get the important nutrients you need from your diet. In order to prevent the deficiency of nutrients, you can take multi-vitamin supplements so that your body can get enough amount of nutrients to stay healthy and help keep diseases at bay.
Note: Consult a doctor before taking any vitamin supplements.
10. Eat healthy snacks
Don't stock up your drawers with unhealthy snacks such as chips, frozen fruit bars, pastries and other bakery items. Instead replace them with healthy snacks like mixed nuts, sliced apples with peanut butter, mixed berries, etc.
-  Sievert, K., Hussain, S. M., Page, M. J., Wang, Y., Hughes, H. J., Malek, M., & Cicuttini, F. M. (2019). Effect of breakfast on weight and energy intake: systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials.bmj,364, l42.
-  Cognitive Neuroscience Society. (2019, March 25). Exercise adds up to big brain boosts.ScienceDaily.
-  Texas A&M University. (2016, September 19). Studying: Is it bad for your health to pull an all-nighter?.ScienceDaily.
-  Tsujino, N., & Sakurai, T. (2012). Circadian rhythm of leptin, orexin and ghrelin.Nihon rinsho. Japanese journal of clinical medicine,70(7), 1121-1125.