- 56 min ago Daily Horoscope, 30 June 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 13 hrs ago 6 Tips To Reduce Hair Damage If You Use Straighteners Often
- 15 hrs ago Gorgeous Sara Ali Khan Looks Charming In Her New Saree, See Her Latest Picture!
- 16 hrs ago Corbevax Will Be Allowed As A Booster For Those Fully Vaccinated With Covishield Or Covaxin
- News GST Council defers decision on levying a 28% tax on casinos, online gaming, horse racing, lottery
- Technology List Of Smartphones Expected To Launch In July 2022: OnePlus Nord 2T, Nothing Phone 1, And More
- Sports Wimbledon: Raducanu 'didn't have expectations' after second-round exit
- Finance GST Council Meeting Announcement: Tax Hike To 18% On Household Items, Citizens' Concern
- Education Manabadi TS SSC Result 2022 Tomorrow: Download TS 10 Marksheet, Telangana Board TS SSC Result Website Links
- Automobiles Hyundai Ioniq 6 Electric Sedan Unveiled
- Movies Vidyut Jammwal On South Vs North Debate: I Just Do Not See The Difference At All
- Travel Simple Train Travel hacks For Comfortable Experience
With COVID-19 cases surging in Karnataka, genome sequencing tests conducted in the state show that the Omicron variant is still dominating in the state.
In this regard, Karnataka Health Minister Dr K Sudhakar tweeted on Wednesday stating that most people with COVID-19 symptoms are infected by the BA.2 sub-variant of the Omicron variant of novel coronavirus.
"Which strain is dominating in Karnataka? As per the genome sequencing sample: March 2021 - December 2021: 90.7% Delta January 2022 - April 2022: 87.80% Omicron May 2022 - June 2022: 99.20% Omicron," Sudhakar tweeted.
According to him, amongst the Omicron variants, currently BA.1.1.529 and BA.1 have dipped to 8.60 per cent and 0.04 per cent, respectively.
However, BA.2 sub-lineage has increased from 80.60 per cent to 89.40 per cent since May, the minister tweeted.
Sudhakar said the new variants - BA.3, BA.4 and BA.5 - are observed to be in their nascent phases.
The data shared by him shows that last year from March to December, Delta and its sub-lineages dominated but this year Omicron was the dominant variant of the novel coronavirus.
The state had on Tuesday reported 738 fresh cases while on Monday there were 530 new infections. There were, however, zero fatalities on both days.
According to the health officials, the latest surge in cases is due to Omicron, which is not a deadly variant as compared to Delta that had wreaked havoc in 2021.
- wellnessIllnesses Caused By BA.2.38 Are Mild, Self-Limiting, Says Covid-19 Study
- wellnessHow Does COVID Spread During Short Conversations?
- wellnessLong Covid-19 Risk Less With Omicron Than Delta Variant, UK Study Finds
- wellnessMore Contagious Subvariant Of Omicron Detected In Russia: What You Need To Know
- wellnessOmicron Subvariants BA.4 And BA.5 In India: What You Need To Know
- wellnessHaven't Had Covid-19 Yet? It Could Be More Than Just Luck
- wellnessSouth Africa In New Surge Of COVID-19 From Versions Of Omicron
- wellnessCovid-19 Cases May Rise In June-July, Speeding Up Vaccination Drive Best Way Ahead, Says Maharashtra Minister
- wellnessNew Plant-Based Covid Vaccine 70% Effective Against Variants: Study
- wellnessCovid Spread 1,000 Times More Likely From Air Than Surfaces: Study
- wellnessDelta Or Different Variant May Cause Another Covid Outbreak: Study
- healthCovid-19 Vaccination: SC Order States That 'No One Can Be Forced To Get Vaccinated:' 7 Main Points