- 19 min ago Miss India 2022: Sini Shetty From Karnataka Wins The Beauty Pageant
- 13 hrs ago Expert Article: Receded Gums, Its Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 16 hrs ago July 2022: Numerological Predictions For This Month
- 19 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope, 02 July To 09 July 2022, Check This Week Horoscope Prediction For All Zodiac Signs
- Sports Wimbledon: Sinner labels Alcaraz triumph one of his best after sinking Spanish star's hopes
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 12 Episode 2 Highlights: Erika Packard Gets Eliminated From The Rohit Shetty Show
- News Denmark: Several people shot at Copenhagen shopping mall, police say
- Education PSEB Class 10th Result 2022 : Punjab Board Likely To Declare 10th Results In First Week Of July
- Technology Week 26, 2022 Launch Roundup: OnePlus Nord 2T, Samsung Galaxy XCover6 Pro, Nokia G11 Plus, And More
- Automobiles Royal Enfield Himalayan Gets Two New Colour Options
- Finance Gold Rates Increase Around Rs. 1350 In India In Past 2 Days: See Why?
- Travel Some Great Tips For Mothers Traveling With Infants And Children
Sex and food have a long, complicated history. We've all heard that what we eat can have psychosomatic and physiological effects on us. In part because of mythology and partly because of science, we've settled on the fact that what turns us on might start in the kitchen. However, did you know there are foods that can slow your sex drive down to a halt?
It's no secret certain foods like garlic make blood flow better, thereby increasing libido . On the other hand, there are foods that can slow down your circulation and sabotage your libido. Lets checkout the Foods That Reduce Your Libido
Foods That Can Affect Your Sex Drive
While it may give you the 'courage' to approach someone in a bar, excessive drinking can cause erectile difficulties in men and trouble achieving orgasm in both men and women. In addition, you may become sleepy and uninterested if you consume excessive alcohol, particularly beer .
2. Red meat
Red meat can contain added hormones or antibiotics, which can affect a man's natural hormones if eaten in large quantities.
Both men and women can have hormone issues with cheese, affecting testosterone and oestrogen, which lowers libido.
While it may sound surprising, the menthol in mints lowers testosterone, which decreases sex drive .
5. Fried foods
Besides being bad for our health, greasy foods also affect our sex drives. Most fried foods contain trans-fat, which decreases libido in both men and women by causing abnormal sperm production in men and affecting fertility in women.
6. Microwaved popcorn
Popcorn cooked in the microwave has been linked to a lower sex drive because of the chemicals in the bag lining. Perfluoroalkyl acids in popcorn bags lower sperm count in men and decrease libido in women .
You can eat this one for breakfast but don't eat it before you are planning to have some 'fun time'. However, you can spice them up by adding a natural aphrodisiac such as cinnamon which warms up your body (and your sex drive), or a bit of honey which increases testosterone and oestrogen production.
Okay, this might come as a shock to you, but chocolate contains methylxanthines, which can cause our bodies to become lethargic and sleepy, naturally reducing our sex drive. If you must have chocolate, choose dark chocolate without added sugars or fats .
9. Carbonated drinks
Serotonin levels are directly affected by artificial sweeteners, particularly aspartame. Serotonin plays a vital role in fostering a sense of well-being or happiness. Researchers say that low levels of serotonin in both men and women are associated with reduced libido.
Glycyrrhizic acid, the main compound of liquorice, which gives it its distinctive flavour, inhibits testosterone production.
11. Bottled water
There are indeed many, many reasons to avoid conventionally bottled water. Still, BPAs found in plastic bottles are among the most important when it comes to virility and fertility. Bisphenol A, or BPA, is a chemical component found in many plastic food containers that can be harmful in several ways .
Caffeine might give you more stamina for sex, but if you get jittery from coffee, this won't be a love potion for you. In addition, anxiety can lower your sex drive, a common complaint of people who are caffeine sensitive.
Some other foods that can impact your sex drive in the long run include:
- Shrimp 
- Canned soup
- Deli meat
- Soy products
- All-purpose flour
- Trans fat
- wellness17 Foods To Improve Sex Drive In Men
- wellness8 Foods That Improve Sex Drive In Women
- wellnessInternational Yoga Day 2019: 10 Yoga Poses To Boost Male Fertility
- wellness10 Lesser Known Health Benefits Of Kratom And Side Effects
- wellnessImpact Of Depression On Sex Life & Ways To Improve Your Libido
- wellness10 Vitamins and Minerals That Help Boost Your Sex Drive
- wellness12 Common Penis Problems You Should Be Aware Of
- wellness18 Libido-boosting Foods That Improve Sex Drive Naturally
- wellnessThis Is One Major Factor Affecting Your Libido, Check It Out!
- wellnessWant To Last Longer In Bed? Try these 40 Aphrodisiac Foods
- wellnessLifestyle Choices That You Must Make To Naturally Boost Your Libido – For Both Men & Women
- wellnessThese Common Foods Can Decrease Your Libido In Bed!