- 4 hrs ago Urvashi Rautela, Before Cannes Underwent Reiki Treatment For More Serenity
- 6 hrs ago Got Dandruff On Eyebrows? Here Are 8 Simple Tips To Get Rid Of Eyebrow Dandruff
- 9 hrs ago Elon Musk To Launch Humanoid Robot 'Tesla Optimus' In Three Months
- 11 hrs ago Who Was Anne Frank? Google Dedicates Doodle To Honour The Life Of The Holocaust Victim
- News Fact Check: How true is this claim about FASTag scam?
- Sports India vs Ireland 1st T20I: Dublin Malahide Stadium Pitch Report, Weather Forecast, Boundary Dimensions, Stats
- Finance Bitcoin Plunges Again Today To US$ 21,093: Volatility Remains
- Movies Latest TRP Ratings: Ravivaar With Star Parivaar Makes It To 2nd Spot; Naagin 6 Drops To 10th
- Education TS EAMCET Hall Ticket 2022 Released At eamcet.tsche.ac.in, Download Admit Card Here
- Automobiles Mahindra Scorpio N - All Variants Engine & Other Specifications Leaked
- Technology Apple Back To School Offer; Free iPods, Discounts On MacBooks & iPads
- Travel 5 Best Easy Long Weekend Getaways From Delhi
Ahead of World Kidney Day on March 10, experts said time-tested Ayurvedic herbs like 'Punarnava', 'Gokhuru' and 'Varuna' can be a saviour for patients with chronic kidney disease, which has seen a rise due to various reasons. The theme of World Kidney Day this year is 'Kidney Health for All'.
Vouching for these herbs, Professor K N Dwivedi, Dean, Faculty of Ayurveda, Banaras Hindy University (BHU) called them life-saver for chronic kidney disease (CKD) patients as they can help rejuvenate the cells of damaged kidneys.
"NEERI-KFT is one such ayurvedic drug based on such kidney-friendly medicinal plants like Punarnava, Ashwagandha and Guduchi having anti-oxidants properties," he said.
While well-known diuretic herbs like 'Varuna' is a good blood purifier that helps to maintain homeostasis, 'Gokhuru' is beneficial in rejuvenating kidney nephrons, he said, adding that several patients have found such formulations beneficial.
Dwivedi said if detected properly and in time, CKD can be cured with the help of extracts from these identified herbs.
More the delay in detection, the longer is the treatment, he warned.
"When detected early, the dialysis cycle can be brought down with the help of the poly-herbal formulation which helps in strengthening the kidney," he explained.
Developed by AIMIL Pharmaceuticals after intensive research, the benefits of NEERI-KFT in managing CKD have been mentioned in studies published in journals like the Saudi Journal of Biological Sciences.
"If the ayurvedic formulation is prescribed in early stages of CKD, kidney can be saved from getting damaged. Its usage has been found to be reducing levels of Creatinine, Urea and Uric Acid," Prof Dwivedi said.
In fact, NEERI-KFT has also been found to control TNF Alfa too, an indicator of disruption in the kidney, as well as in protecting the organ from dietary AGEs, harmful compounds which is caused by poor eating habits.
CKD is a serious progressive medical condition characterized by a gradual loss of kidney function, usually accompanied by other comorbidities such as cardiovascular diseases (hypertension, heart failure and stroke) and diabetes, eventually leading to kidney failure.
According to a report by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, in the US, at least 15 per cent of people are suffering from CKD. In India, the figure is around 40 per cent of the total population with rising diabetes and high blood pressure adding to the woes.
Treatment has become a challenge during Covid times, say doctors, adding that as per the World Health Organisation (WHO), CKD is becoming one of the leading causes of death globally.
- wellnessBoost Up Research In Ayurveda, No Alternative To It In Rural India: President Kovind To Experts
- wellnessExpert Article: Healthy Lifestyle, The Ayurveda Way: Importance Of Dincharya
- wellnessHolistic Ayurveda Management Of Asthma (Expert Article)
- wellnessHealthy Lifestyle, The Ayurveda Way: Waking Up In Brahmmuhruta (Expert Article)
- wellnessIndia Soon To Introduce Special AYUSH Visa For Those Seeking Traditional Treatment In The Country: PM Modi
- wellnessIrritable Bowel Syndrome: An Ayurvedic Perspective (Expert Article)
- wellnessWhy Not To Consume Curd At Night
- disorders cureExpert Article: Prevent Kidney Parenchymal Disease Holistically With Ayurveda
- wellnessExpert Article: Exploring The World Health Day 2022 Theme Through An Ayurveda Perspective
- disorders cureWorld TB Day: Expert Article On Tuberculosis And Ayurveda
- wellnessExpert Article: Vasantik Vamana, Preventive Purification Procedure For Better Health
- wellnessICAR, CSIR, Ayush Ministry Pact For R&D Collaboration In Medicinal Plants, Ayurvedic Food