- 4 hrs ago People With Lung Cancer Have A High Risk Of Depression
- 4 hrs ago Pati Patni Aur Woh Actress Bhumi Pednekar Raises Mercury Levels With Her Eclectic Fashion!
- 5 hrs ago Gita Jayanti 2019: Know The History, Date And Significance Of This Day
- 6 hrs ago Nushrat Bharucha, Rajkummar Rao, And Ranveer Singh Perfectly Present Small-Town Casual Fashion
- Technology Police Seizes Over 2000 Fake Xiaomi Products In New Delhi
- Movies Prithviraj To Take A Break From Cinema!
- Sports ATK reclaim top spot in Indian Super League
- News Pakistan: Blast in Lahore, 6 injured, 1 killed
- Automobiles KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
If the invigorating aroma of freshly brewed coffee can awaken your senses, then just imagine what the scent of coffee essential oil can do to you! Coffee essential oil has innumerable health benefits from improving mood to aiding respiratory health.
What Is Coffee Essential Oil?
Coffee essential oil is extracted through a cold-pressed distillation process of coffee beans. The scent of coffee essential oil is rich and warm and the oil is loaded with antioxidants  .
Image source: Stylecraze
Health Benefits Of Coffee Essential Oil
1. Enhances skin health
Coffee essential oil is packed with antioxidants which help in combating the effect of free radicals  . A study showed that coffee essential oil increases the production of elastin and collagen, both these compounds aid in firming of the skin 
Mixing a small amount of coffee essential oil with a carrier oil and applying it on the skin will help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, blemishes, and black spots.
2. Boosts mood
Coffee essential oil can help lower your stress and depression levels, thereby boosting up your mood. The relaxing properties of the essential oil will leave you with a peace and calm mind. Soak a cotton ball in this essential oil and keep it close to your bed.
3. Improves respiratory health
Coffee essential oil is helpful for people who are suffering from breathing problems as it has anti-inflammatory properties. When you suffer from nose blockage, using this essential oil can help clear your blocked nasal passages. Coffee essential oil will help promote respiratory functions.
4. Good for the nervous system
The neuroprotective effects of coffee essential oil is helpful in lowering the prevalence of neurodegenerative disorders like Alzheimer's disease and dementia, according to a study published in the Frontiers in Aging Neuroscience  .
5. Protects against allergic reactions
Coffee essential oil can aid in managing your body's allergic response due to its anti-inflammatory properties. Application of essential oil on the skin can reduce swelling and pain caused by insect bites or bee stings.
6. Lowers pain and inflammation
The anti-inflammatory properties of coffee essential oil are beneficial for lowering pain and inflammation associated with knee pain and sore muscles. Topical application of coffee essential oil in the affected area will increase blood flow and loosen out the muscles.
Uses Of Coffee Essential Oil
- Coffee essential oil can be used in candles and diffusers to make your room aromatic.
- It is used in skin care products for its antiageing and anticellulite properties.
- Coffee essential oil can be used as a bath oil to relax tensed muscles.
- It is also used as a food additive and flavouring in beverages and syrups.
Precautions Of Coffee Essential Oil
Although the essential oil is safe to use, there are few precautions that you should consider. People who are allergic to coffee essential oil should avoid using it as it may cause skin irritation.
Pregnant women, breastfeeding mothers and children are advised not to use coffee essential oil. Also, it is recommended to consult your doctor before you use this essential oil.
How To Make Coffee Essential Oil
- 170 grams of roasted or green coffee beans
- 6 cups of extra virgin olive oil
- Crock pot
- Mason jar
- Take the coffee beans in the crock pot and add olive oil to it.
- Stir the mixture and then heat (low heat for roasted beans and medium-high heat for unroasted beans).
- Stir the mixture every hour and reduce the heat once the oil turns brown in colour.
- Continue this method for 8 -10 hours.
- Place a cheesecloth over the mason jar and put a strainer on top of the cheesecloth.
- Pour the oil into the mason jar and keep it in a cool and dark place.
-  Al-Yousef, H. M., & Amina, M. (2018). Essential oil of Coffee arabica L. Husks: A brilliant source of antimicrobial and antioxidant Agents.
-  Del Carmen Velazquez Pereda, M., de Campos Dieamant, G., Eberlin, S., Nogueira, C., Colombi, D., Di Stasi, L. C., & De Souza Queiroz, M. L. (2009). Effect of green Coffea arabica L. seed oil on extracellular matrix components and water‐channel expression in in vitro and ex vivo human skin models.Journal of cosmetic dermatology,8(1), 56-62.
-  Ayaz, M., Sadiq, A., Junaid, M., Ullah, F., Subhan, F., & Ahmed, J. (2017). Neuroprotective and Anti-Aging Potentials of Essential Oils from Aromatic and Medicinal Plants.Frontiers in aging neuroscience,9, 168.