- 1 hr ago Shardiya Navratri 2022 Horoscope: Astrological Predictions For All 12 Zodiac Signs
- 4 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope, 25 September To 01 October 2022, Check This Week Horoscope Prediction For All Zodiac Signs
- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 25 September 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 15 hrs ago Navratri 2022 Day 5: Alia Bhatt To Ananya Panday, Green Navratri Outfit Inspirations From Bollywood Actresses
- Sports New Zealand 0-2 Australia: Duke and Cummings goals secure Socceroos victory in World Cup tune-up
- Technology Flipkart Big Billion Days Sale; Best TWS Earbuds Deals You Shouldn't Miss
- News Amid coup rumours, China cancels over 9,000 flights, several trains for unknown reason
- Finance This Multibagger Chemical Company's Share Rallies 56% In 1 Month, Issues 1:1 Bonus Share
- Automobiles Royal Enfield Hunter 350 Vs TVS Ronin - Design, Features, Powertrain, Price & More
- Movies Sanaya Irani, Rubina Dilaik, Divyanka & Other Actors Who Rejected Top Shows Like YRKKH, BALH 2 & Others
- Education IIT Bombay continues to remain the top choice for JEE Advanced 2022 toppers
- Travel Mount Cook: Highest Peak In New Zealand
Actor and stand-up comedian Raju Srivastava has been admitted to AIIMS hospital in Delhi. On 10 August, the comedian suffered a heart attack and underwent angioplasty surgery.
His business manager Nayan Soni informed a media outlet that Raju's condition is improving, and he is even responding to treatment and medication. According to him, Raju can now move some body parts while he is still on a ventilator. According to the doctor, Raju is expected to regain consciousness after a week.
According to reports, Amitabh Bachchan sent an audio message to Raju Srivastava, who is on a ventilator in the intensive care unit. Doctors advise that listening to the voice of your loved ones will speed up their recovery.
How Does The Sound Of Loved Ones Awaken A Comatose Brain?
As part of his wish for Raju Srivastava's speedy recovery, Amitabh Bachchan sent him a video message saying, "It's enough Raju. Rise up Raju, and keep teaching us all to laugh."
Despite Raju's unconscious state, Big B's message was played to him on the advice of his doctors, who suggested that listening to a loved one's voice might speed up his recovery. Upon learning of Raju's condition, Amitabh decided to send an audio message to the comedian .
When a person is in a coma, they are unconscious and cannot communicate with their environment. They cannot speak, and their eyes are closed . Despite this, the brain of a coma patient can continue to function. It may be able to detect/hear sounds in the environment, such as footsteps approaching or a voice speaking.
Let's look at how we can measure brain activity in comatose patients and how the brains of coma patients respond to sounds.
- The cause of a coma can be a traumatic brain injury, stroke, or loss of oxygen following a near drowning. Comas may also be caused by severe alcohol poisoning or encephalitis (brain infection). In addition, a diabetic who suddenly has low blood sugar levels (hypoglycaemia) or high blood sugar levels (hyperglycaemia) may suffer a coma .
- In most cases, patients progress from a coma to a minimally conscious state or a vegetative state, which can last for a few weeks, months, or even years . The following are some of the findings of relevant studies exploring how the sound of a loved one can help a patient in a coma:
- Compared to patients who did not hear familiar stories repeated by family members four times a day for six weeks, patients who heard familiar stories played over headphones recovered consciousness significantly faster.
- Consequently, coma patients can wake up more easily, become more aware of their environment, and begin responding to conversations and directions. Similarly, coming out of anaesthesia is the first step to regaining full consciousness.
- As part of the experiment, the researchers attempted to determine if patients were responsive to sensory information such as bells or whistles, whether they followed directions to open their eyes, and if they were alert enough to track a person walking across the room visually. Six weeks after treatment, their responses provided a benchmark to determine whether they had changed or improved.
- In addition, researchers had the patients listen to familiar and unfamiliar voices and tell different stories to obtain a baseline MRI of how their blood oxygen levels changed as they listened to the stories.
- As patients in the study listened to a family member speak their names and recite stories during an MRI, their brains showed increased neural activity .
[image source: zeenews]
"We saw changes in the blood oxygen level in their brain regions associated with retrieving long-term memory and understanding language," Pape said. "That means they were using those regions of their brains."
"We believe hearing those stories in parents' and siblings' voices exercises the parts of the brain responsible for long-term memories," said lead author Theresa Pape .
On A Final Note...
The studies on how the sound of a loved one can influence the brain of a comatose patient say that there is a need for medical doctors to be able to determine which coma patients are likely to awaken from their comas. Patients' families will also benefit from this information, as it will assist them in providing the best treatment possible.
- bollywood wardrobeAmitabh Bachchan Shares An Interesting Detail About His Blue Knotted Shirt On His Social Media
- bollywood wardrobeDeepika Padukone Stuns With Her Accessories! Gets A Compliment From Ranveer Singh And Pakistan's Sarwat Gilani
- bollywood wardrobeLohri 2021: Divyanka Tripathi Dahiya Extends Wishes To Fans By Treating Them With Her Pretty Ethnic Looks
- bollywood wardrobe19 Years Of K3G: From Flaunting Good Looks To When Poo Bani Parvati, Kareena Kapoor’s PHAT Looks Decoded
- bollywood wardrobeHappy Birthday Amitabh Bachchan: 4 Times The Actor Flaunted Pantsuits In Blue Shades
- bollywood wardrobeOn 4 Years Of Pink, Taapse Pannu’s Casual Shirts From The Social-Thriller Film Decoded
- menAmitabh Bachchan Treats Us With His Dapper Look In 4 Different Eye Glasses From The Sets Of KBC
- bollywood wardrobe14 Years Of Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna: Rani Mukerji Or Preity Zinta, Who Looked Stunning In The Film?
- bollywood wardrobeNeetu Singh’s Fashionable Looks From Her Top Bollywood Songs Decoded
- bollywood wardrobeFather’s Day: SRK-Suhana Khan, Big B-Shweta Bachchan, Anil Kapoor-Sonam, Stylish Celeb Father-Daughter Duos
- bollywood wardrobeOn Amitabh Bachchan & Jaya Bachchan’s Marriage Anniversary, Their Movie Fashion As A Couple Decoded
- bollywood wardrobeAmitabh Bachchan & Ayushmann Khurrana’s Interesting Looks In Gulabo Sitabo Take The Internet On Fire