- 7 hrs ago Health And Wellness Tips For College Students
- 8 hrs ago This Wedding Season, Make Your Cocktail Evening Special With These Brand New Outfit Ideas
- 9 hrs ago Karwa Chauth 2019: 5 Alluring Make-up Looks From The Bollywood Divas For This Karwa Chauth
- 10 hrs ago Teratoma: Types, Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Technology Amazon Great Indian Diwali Sale Offers: Honor Smartphones On Discount
- News Bank jobs for 10th pass:115 Indian Bank peon vacancies announced; Peon jobs apply online link here
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 7 Updates Day 1: Bhoomi Shetty Becomes The First Captain Of This Season!
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019, Eliminator 2: Raiders power U Mumba past Haryana Steelers
- Automobiles Ratan Tata Invests In Electric Two Wheeler Start Up Tork Motors
- Education Who Is Abhijit Banerjee? 10 Facts About Indian-origin Economist Who Has Won Nobel Prize
- Finance CPI: Retail Inflation Rises To 3.99% In September
- Travel Top 10 Indian Cities For Food Lovers
Doctors are often given a god-like status and this is so because of the ample reasons associated with the care and treatment that doctors have since ages provided to mankind. Doctors' day is meant to celebrate and thank these health-care providers.
1st July is observed as Doctors' Day in India. This day is meant to create awareness among people to make them remember the importance that doctors hold in our lives. This day is celebrated to pay respect to their selfless service  . However, this day is not just for doctors, but also to remember the ample services that medical industries and their advancements have provided to mankind today.
Doctors have left no stone unturned to utilize technologies such that patients are provided with the best care and National Doctors' Day is a reminder that all the accomplishments made are truly a miracle in every sense  .
The symbol associated with Doctors' Day is a red carnation. This is because this flower stands for love, selflessness, charity, sacrifice and the traits that a doctor must hold.
Why 1st July Is Celebrated As Doctors' Day?
Doctors' day is celebrated on different dates in different countries across the world. In India, this day is celebrated on 1st July . This day is the birth and death anniversary of Dr Bidhan Chandra Roy, one of the most famous and renowned physicians of India.
This day began to be observed in India in the year 1991 to mark respect for this great physician. Dr BC Roy was honoured with India's highest civilian award Bharat Ratna. He has played an instrumental role in the establishment of the Indian Medical Association (IMA) and also in the establishment of the Medical Council of India (MCI).
Theme - National Doctors' Day 2019
This year, the theme of National Doctors' Day 2019 is "Zero tolerance to violence against doctors and clinical establishment". The Indian Medical Association announces the theme every year. This year, the theme has been created to raise awareness about the violence happening with the doctors across the nation  . The week (1st July to 8th July) will also be celebrated as 'Safe Fraternity Week".
How Is National Doctors' Day Celebrated?
To get familiar with the contributions made by doctors, it is essential that this day is observed with great zeal both by the government as well as non-government healthcare organizations . These organizations arrange several events and activities on this day.
Medical check-up camps are set up at various public accessible places. This helps in promoting quality medical services free of cost  . Discussion programs are organized to make people aware of health check-ups, necessity of proper diagnosis, prevention and proper, timely treatment of a disease.
General screening test camps help assess the health status of the common public. Health counselling, health nutrition talks and chronic disease awareness programs help the poor people and senior citizens  . Other events organized involve a free blood test, random blood sugar test, EEG, ECG, blood pressure check-up, etc. These services help in creating awareness about the priceless roles of doctors in everyone's lives.
Schools and colleges also organize various events that aim at encouraging the youth to choose and follow the medical profession.
-  Pandey, S. K., & Sharma, V. (2018). July 1 is National Doctors' Day: How to regain the lost public trust in healthcare?.Indian journal of ophthalmology,66(7), 1045–1046.
-  French D. M. (1992). DC General Hospital doctors' day address.Journal of the National Medical Association,84(3), 283–288.
-  Friedman, E. (1987). Public hospitals: doing what everyone wants done but few others wish to do.JAMA,257(11), 1437-1444.
-  Kumar R. (2015). The leadership crisis of medical profession in India: ongoing impact on the health system.Journal of family medicine and primary care,4(2), 159–161.