- 1 hr ago Active COVID-19 Cases In Country Lowest In 242 Days
- 1 hr ago Hum Do Humare Do: Kriti Sanon’s Orange Bridal Lehenga Look Is What Prospective Brides Would Want To Ace
- 19 hrs ago 11 Possible Reasons Why You Crave Spicy Foods
- 21 hrs ago Katrina Kaif, Deepika Padukone, And Other Actresses Inspire Us To Invest In Sweaters And Cardigans
- Movies Aryan Khan Case: NCP Leader Nawab Malik Shares NCB Official Sameer Wankhede's Nikah Nama
- Education JoSAA 2021 Seat Allotment Result Released, Here’s How To Check JoSAA Counselling Result 2021 Round I
- Sports Glance brings live, interactive commentary for T20 world cup to mobile lock screen
- Automobiles Euler Motors HiLoad Commercial EV Launched At Rs 3.50 Lakhs
- News Mandaviya to hold meeting with state health ministers to discuss Covid vaccination, health scheme
- Technology Realme Buds Wireless 2 Classic Bluetooth Headset Launching Soon In India; What To Expect?
- Finance 5 Angel Broking Active Intra-Day Stock Buy Recommendations
- Travel Karnataka's Ten Best Winter Destinations
There are certain conditions that affect your health without showing any obvious symptoms. A slow metabolism is one such instance.
Metabolism is defined as a set of chemical processes that occur within a living organism in order to carry out the bodily functions normally.
And when the metabolism is slowed down, a number of bodily functions are affected, causing undesirable symptoms.
So, here are a few silent signs which indicate that you have a slow metabolism.
1. Weight Gain
Weight gain, being overweight and obesity are some of the most common problems that many people face today, regardless of the age and gender. Weight gain is usually associated with unhealthy eating habits and lack of exercise. However, weight gain could also be a silent symptom of slow metabolism. When the metabolism slows down, the fat-burning capacity of the body decreases, causing weight gain.
2. Chronic Fatigue
If you have been feeling unbearably tired these days, even though you haven't been indulging in a lot of strenuous activities, it could mean that you could be suffering from chronic fatigue, caused by a slow metabolic rate. When the metabolic rate is slow, the body's ability to break down food and turn it into energy reduces, making you feel fatigued.
3. Dry Skin
Dry skin can be a symptom of a number of conditions such as certain skin issues like psoriasis, dehydration, changing weather conditions, etc. However, if you feel you are noticing that your skin is becoming dry and cracked often, without any reason, then it could be a silent symptom of a slow metabolism, as the pH level of the skin is also affected with a slow metabolic rate.
4. Hair Loss
Usually, when people start to experience chronic hair loss, they associate it with stress, malnutrition, heredity, etc. However, sometimes, hair loss can also be a symptom of a slowed down metabolism. When your metabolic rate slows down, the roots of the hair will not be able to absorb much nutrition, thus making the roots of the hair weaker and causing hair fall.
5. Feeling Cold Often
It is normal for people to feel cold during the winters and if they are suffering from conditions like flu or other infections. However, if you notice that you feel cold all the time, without a particular read and your extremities are always cold, it could be a silent sign of a slow metabolism. Slow metabolism can lower your body's temperature, giving rise to this symptom.
6. Sugar Craving
Now and then, most of us crave to eat something sweet or indulge in comfort foods, even though we know that it is unhealthy. However, if you feel like you have been craving for sugary foods all the time, it could also be an indication of a slow metabolism. Slow metabolism causes your blood sugar level to drop, causing this particular symptom. Sugar craving can also be a symptom of diabetes and tests must be conducted to determine the exact cause.
7. Loss Of Concentration
Concentration and focus are very much necessary to do well at school, jobs and life in general. Concentration is a brain activity, which can be affected if there is a health issue that has affected your brain. Loss of concentration could be yet another symptom of slow metabolism. A slowed down metabolism can affect the regular brain functions and hence affect the concentration levels.
Headache is one of the most common ailments that many people experience on a fairly regular basis. The causes for headaches are numerous, ranging from stress to brain cancer! A slow metabolism can also be a cause of headaches, as this condition causes the cortisol hormone levels in the body to increase, causing frequent headaches.
Constipation is another common ailment, which a lot of people experience, as a result of digestive issues, unhealthy diet habits, etc. However, constantly being constipated could also indicate a slow metabolism, as a slow metabolic rate does not promote healthy bowel movements, leading to constipation.