- 19 min ago Kareena Kapoor Khan Looks So Perfect In Her Stylish Black-hued Attire And Ups The Fashion Bar
- 41 min ago Lakshmi Manchu's Sari Is The Vibrant Wedding Wear You Need For Your Friend's Wedding
- 51 min ago Amazing Health Benefits Of Guava For Babies
- 1 hr ago Panipat Actress, Kriti Sanon's Sari And Sports Shoes Look Is What We Want To Nail
- Movies Kriti Sanon On Panipat Prep: ‘Wanted To Sound Like I’ve Been Speaking Marathi Since Childhood’
- News He has performed his duty: Cyberabad CP V C Sajjanar's brother
- Sports India vs West Indies, 1st T20I: Live Update: Kohli's band look to pick up an early lead
- Technology Apple Updates "Clips" App With Memoji, Animoji, And More
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
- Finance Axis Bank CFO Resigns
- Automobiles MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
Cholesterol is a common problem which is the cause of death in more than 80 percent of people because of heart disease. High cholesterol leads to heart problems and if left unattended, it can turn fatal.
LDL cholesterol which is the bad cholesterol can put a person at a greater risk for a heart disease, kidney failure and clogged arteries. Too much cholesterol in the wrong places of the body can create problems.
Cholesterol does not dissolve in water and it transports into the bloodstream in the body. The body needs cholesterol on a daily basis, but it doesn't mean that you will have fast foods every day.
These are some healthy alternative ways on how to reduce cholesterol levels quickly
1. Drink Orange Juice
Drinking two glasses of orange juice in the morning is one of the best ways to lower bad cholesterol quickly. Freshly prepared orange juice helps to maintain a healthy bloodstream in the body. Try avoiding sugar, instead add some honey which is a healthy alternative to sugar.
2. Have Small Meals
A study conducted revealed that people who ate small meals, six or seven times a day, showed rapid reduction in cholesterol. Eating small meals reduces the risk of coronary heart disease by almost 10-20 percent.
3. Drink A Glass Of Red Wine
Want to reduce bad cholesterol quickly, then sip a glass of wine. Studies have revealed that red wine boosts the HDL (good) cholesterol levels. Red wines are rich in saponins, a plant compound that has a positive effect on cholesterol reduction.
4. Whole Grain Bread
Switch to brown bread instead of white bread because it will help to increase HDL levels. Whole grain bread will provide you with enough dietary fibre to fight cardiovascular disease. Include brown rice and whole wheat pasta, which are full of dietary fibre to increase your good cholesterol.
5. Olive Oil For Salad Dressing
Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat, which reduces the LDL cholesterol found in people suffering from metabolic syndrome or diabetes. Using olive oil for salad dressings or for cooking dishes is a healthier alternative towards lowering your cholesterol levels.
People suffering from type 2 diabetes can reduce cholesterol levels by having 6 grams of cinnamon daily. This versatile spice can be added in curries, desserts and even rice preparations. Cinnamon will lower your bad cholesterol quickly and will promote weight loss.
Oatmeal has immense health benefits. It is enriched with soluble fibre, beta-glucan and reduces LDL cholesterol by 12 to 24 percent. Start eating a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast to reduce your bad cholesterol quickly.
People who suffer from high cholesterol levels can eat grapefruits. They contain soluble fibre and are very rich in pectin that is a cholesterol-reducing component. You can also consume berries and apples to keep your high cholesterol level under control.
9. Replace Sugar With Honey
Natural honey contains cholesterol-reducing components that prevent heart diseases and stroke. Consuming honey is a healthier alternative to sugar because it will reduce your cholesterol levels considerably. You can use honey in smoothies, desserts and fruit juices.
10. Omega-3 Fatty Acid-rich Foods
Omega-3 fatty acids are a heart-healthy type of polyunsaturated fats that will help to lower the bad cholesterol level. They are found in fatty fish like salmon, mackerel, herring and tuna. Omega-3 fatty acids are also found in shrimps and fish oil supplements.
Daily exercise is required for the body to stay active and healthy. Exercise is known to increase the good cholesterol if you workout for 30 minutes; or taking a brisk walk has been proved to be beneficial in keeping your cholesterol levels in control.
12. Quit Smoking
If you want to get rid of bad cholesterol and heart diseases, you should quit smoking now. If you stop smoking, it will improve your HDL cholesterol level and also decrease your blood pressure and the risk of heart attack.
Share this article!
If you liked reading this article, share it with your close ones.