- 7 hrs ago A 12-Year-Old Colour-Blind Boy Gets Emotional After He Sees Colours For The First Time
- 10 hrs ago Hina Khan’s Mesmerising Blue Eye Make-up Is All You Need To Slay This Holiday Season
- 10 hrs ago Rasika Dugal's Black Outfit Can Easily Elevate Your Formal Look
- 12 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Trends Of The Week: Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh, Kareena Kapoor & More
- Movies Miss World 2019: Miss Jamaica Toni-Ann Singh Wins The Crown; India's Suman Rao Is The 2nd Runner Up!
- Sports West Indies built credibility with T20 performance against India, will be a force to reckon with during WC: Brian Lara
- Technology Micromax Revenue From Sales Fall 45% To Rs. 2,368.79 Crore In FY19: Report
- News CAB protest: Violence in WB; curfew relaxed in parts of Assam, Meghalaya
- Automobiles Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Mood swings are a b*tch to deal with! And most of the time they are caused by hormonal fluctuations over which you have no control (hint: PMS).
So if you are tired of snapping at innocents and then melting into a puddle of tears, you are in luck. In this article we will discuss X foods you should eat when you are in a bad mood that are known to work wonders on the foulest of temperaments.
Coconuts are packed with medium-chain fatty acids that are great for your brain's health and your mood. Plus, they are naturally sweet!
So the next time you feel low, munch on a few pieces of this tropical fruit and you will start feeling better soon.
#2 Dark Chocolate
Studies have shown that eating just an ounce of dark chocolate is enough to reduce your body's cortisol and catecholamine levels, both of which are stress hormones.
And if the sky is cloudy outside, you can even make yourself a cup of hot chocolate with some molten dark chocolate and milk. Ah, bliss!
Leafy greens may not be the first thing you reach out for when your mood plummets, but you will be surprised by their secret pick-me-up powers.
Definitely something you should add to your grocery list the next time your period dates come by.
These little balls of protein are rich in mood-boosting omega-3 fatty acids and vitamins. Plus, proteins are known to improve your satiety level, which is also an important component in feeling good.
Tomato skin is rich in lycopene, a compound that has powerful antioxidant properties that works wonders on your brain. So have some tomatoes next time you are in a bad mood.
In fact, you can even add some olive oil to your tomato salad as it improves the absorption of lycopene from your gut.
Honey contains the compounds kaempferol and quercetin, which are keep your brain healthy and keep depression at bay. Plus, it is five time sweeter than regular sugar, and therefore, the perfect way to enjoy the same sweetness in a relatively small quantity.
#7 Greek Yoghurt
Greek yoghurt is chock-full of calcium, which is essential for the release of neurotransmitters in your brain, especially the feel-good ones. So add it to your fruit smoothie to make it a perfect pick-me-up!