- 40 min ago Active COVID-19 Cases In Country Lowest In 242 Days
- 1 hr ago Hum Do Humare Do: Kriti Sanon’s Orange Bridal Lehenga Look Is What Prospective Brides Would Want To Ace
- 19 hrs ago 11 Possible Reasons Why You Crave Spicy Foods
- 20 hrs ago Katrina Kaif, Deepika Padukone, And Other Actresses Inspire Us To Invest In Sweaters And Cardigans
- Sports T20 World Cup 2021: Australia batsman Steve Smith flexible about batting slot
- Technology Realme Buds Wireless 2 Classic Bluetooth Headset Launching Soon In India; What To Expect?
- Movies Aryan Khan Case: Star Kid's Lawyers Have Raised THESE 10 Points For His Bail Before The Court
- Finance 5 Angel Broking Active Intra-Day Stock Buy Recommendations
- News National security cannot be a bug bear: SC’s harsh observations in Pegasus case
- Automobiles Audi Looks At Assembling EVs in India — A Sign Of Things To Come
- Education IGNOU Tentative Date Sheet 2021 Released For December Term End Exam, Check TEE 2021 Schedule Here
- Travel Karnataka's Ten Best Winter Destinations
Mood swings are a b*tch to deal with! And most of the time they are caused by hormonal fluctuations over which you have no control (hint: PMS).
So if you are tired of snapping at innocents and then melting into a puddle of tears, you are in luck. In this article we will discuss X foods you should eat when you are in a bad mood that are known to work wonders on the foulest of temperaments.
Coconuts are packed with medium-chain fatty acids that are great for your brain's health and your mood. Plus, they are naturally sweet!
So the next time you feel low, munch on a few pieces of this tropical fruit and you will start feeling better soon.
#2 Dark Chocolate
Studies have shown that eating just an ounce of dark chocolate is enough to reduce your body's cortisol and catecholamine levels, both of which are stress hormones.
And if the sky is cloudy outside, you can even make yourself a cup of hot chocolate with some molten dark chocolate and milk. Ah, bliss!
Leafy greens may not be the first thing you reach out for when your mood plummets, but you will be surprised by their secret pick-me-up powers.
Definitely something you should add to your grocery list the next time your period dates come by.
These little balls of protein are rich in mood-boosting omega-3 fatty acids and vitamins. Plus, proteins are known to improve your satiety level, which is also an important component in feeling good.
Tomato skin is rich in lycopene, a compound that has powerful antioxidant properties that works wonders on your brain. So have some tomatoes next time you are in a bad mood.
In fact, you can even add some olive oil to your tomato salad as it improves the absorption of lycopene from your gut.
Honey contains the compounds kaempferol and quercetin, which are keep your brain healthy and keep depression at bay. Plus, it is five time sweeter than regular sugar, and therefore, the perfect way to enjoy the same sweetness in a relatively small quantity.
#7 Greek Yoghurt
Greek yoghurt is chock-full of calcium, which is essential for the release of neurotransmitters in your brain, especially the feel-good ones. So add it to your fruit smoothie to make it a perfect pick-me-up!