- 32 min ago Kriti Sanon Has Fashion Lessons For Those Who Want To Ace The Traditional Marathi Look
- 1 hr ago Karisma Kapoor Gives Us Awe-worthy Moments With Her Ethnic And Western Outfits
- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 10 December 2019
- 14 hrs ago Dog Bite: From First Aid Treatment To Preventing It, Here's All You Need To Know
- News Woman's headless body found in suitcase in Thane
- Sports Big Bout Indian Boxing League: Bombay Bullets climb to fourth with win over Bengaluru Brawlers
- Movies Shweta Basu Prasad Ends Marriage With Rohit Mittal; Thanks Him For 'Irreplaceable' Memories
- Finance Rupee Opens At One-Month High Of 70.96/Dollar
- Technology Clash Of Clans Version 13 Update With Town Hall 13 Released For Android And iOS
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Travel Darjeeling - The Queen Of Hills
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
They say you do not realize the worth of each breath until it is taken away from you. Such is the case with your kidneys too.
Why? Because without healthy kidneys, your body would become a cesspool of toxic wastes and would soon wither up and die!
So, if you habitually neglect drinking water or are already suffering from mild kidney disease, here are 9 foods for healthy kidneys you should definitely add to your diet right now!
91% of a watermelon is water. The rest: healthy fibers. So, if you absolutely abhor drinking water for some reason, you should add this fruit to your diet as a tasty water-alternative.
Your kidneys will thank you for it!
Those suffering from kidney disease are asked to reduce their sodium, potassium, and phosphorus consumption as these minerals aggravate this problem. And since cauliflower is a nutrient-rich vegetable that has a low concentration of these minerals, replacing potatoes with cauliflower is a great way of boosting your kidney health.
Blueberries are low in sodium, potassium, and phosphorus, but rich in anthocyanins, a class of compounds with potent antioxidant properties. So, adding them to your diet is good for the health of most of your organs, not just the kidneys!
This vegetable is mostly made of water. 96% to be more exact. No wonder it's the star ingredient of most salads and incredibly good for the health of your kidneys!
5. Egg Whites
If you love eating eggs but have kidney disease, you should discard the yolks and only eat the whites. This is because egg yolks are rich in phosphorus, while egg whites are not.
Plus, egg whites are a good source of kidney-friendly proteins!
Garlic is an important condiment for those suffering from kidney disease as these people are prohibited from adding salt to their food and so must rely on the wonderful flavor of garlic to get them by.
Just like garlic, onion's purpose in kidney-friendly diets is to add some flavor in the absence of salt. Plus, onion is rich in B-complex vitamins, vitamin C, and manganese, which helps improve your gut health.
This crunchy veggie is rich in antioxidants and nutrients but low in potassium and phosphorus, and therefore a good addition to any kidney-friendly diet.
Also, radish has a mild, peppery taste, which makes up for the lack of salt in the food prepared for those suffering from kidney diseases.
Cranberries contain a phytonutrient called proanthocyanidin in it, which prevents bacterial infection in the inner lining of your urinary bladder and tracts. And since those with kidney disease are at a higher risk of developing UTIs, adding cranberries to your diet is a great way to prevent this from happening.