- 22 min ago Benefits Of Drinking Bottle Gourd Juice With Ginger Every Morning
- 42 min ago Ban Labs launches CARE Herbal Green Teas in this Winter with 5 organic Flavours
- 1 hr ago Rhea Kapoor Announces Her First Jewellery Collaboration And Guess What, You Can Get It Under Rs 5000
- 1 hr ago Feeding Tube Insertion (Gastrostomy): Types, Risks, Procedure And Complications
- Travel 8 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In 2020
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S20 Series Tipped To Go OnSale From March 6
- Automobiles Nissan To Unveil New Feature Rich Compact SUV At Auto Expo
- Finance Bitcoin Rallies On Gaining Appeal As Safe Haven Amid Corona Virus Scare
- News Half kg human hair, shampoo packets removed from 13-year-old girl's stomach in Tamil Nadu
- Sports Australian Open 2020: I believe in miracles! Federer accepts he was 'incredibly lucky' to survive Sandgren scare
- Movies Did Alaya F Take A Dig At Ananya Panday For Her Nepotism Comment? Actress Clarifies
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Stomach flu is an infection of the stomach and intestines. It is caused by viruses, but it also can be caused by bacteria and other parasites. The initial stages of stomach flu start with chills, fever and nausea, which transform into vomiting, diarrhoea, and severe aches and pains.
Stomach flu has a brutal mix of symptoms. The signs and symptoms of stomach flu include diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, fever, headache, muscle aches, abdominal pain and loss of appetite.
Stomach flu is also known as viral gastroenteritis. It makes your body suffer from dehydration due to excessive vomiting and diarrhoea.
So, you need to increase your intake of water to prevent dry mouth, excessive thirst, and dizziness.
When the stomach flu hits you, it is better to put your stomach to rest and avoid junk food. Here is a list of 12 foods for stomach flu.
Potassium is quickly lost when you have diarrhoea or are vomiting during a stomach flu. Bananas contain potassium and eating them will help reduce diarrhoea and replace the potassium in your body.
When you are suffering with stomach flu, your body loses a lot of nutrients when you are vomiting. Rice contains complex carbohydrates which is a great way to replace those nutrients as quickly as possible, so your body doesn't get too weak. Eat plain rice that will not upset your stomach.
Crackers are a snack food mostly had with tea or coffee. Crackers taste good and help to keep any other food in your stomach down, which decreases the chances of vomiting. They will settle your stomach while replacing the nutrients that have been lost during the time of your stomach flu.
4. Chicken Broth
When you are suffering with stomach flu, sip on some chicken or vegetable broth. Having chicken or vegetable broth is a great way to get some protein and fat, without bothering your stomach too much. You can have it for lunch and dinner to ease your stomach.
Toast is another food to fill your sick and grumbling stomach without wreaking havoc on your digestive system. Eat whole grain toast, which will settle down your stomach and it is good for your health too.
When the stomach flu is at its extreme level, which becomes too hard to handle, the most important thing to do is stay hydrated. Suck on some ice chips that will provide your body with water that it needs without overwhelming your stomach with big mouthfuls of water.
7. Apple Sauce
Apple sauce is one of the foods that can be consumed when you feel like throwing up. It is because apple sauce contains pectin, which is a soluble fibre that will ensure your body stays hydrated throughout your illness. It can also reduce your diarrhoea.
Chicken is a neutral-tasting food that can cure stomach flu. Chicken will provide your body with some excellent protein while avoiding any gas in your stomach. You can eat chicken with rice for the added nutritional value.
Fruits are a natural way to fill your body with nutrients. Fruits will provide you with enough energy to fight off your stomach flu. Try eating fruits which are full of water and are less acidic like watermelon, oranges, peaches, and mangoes.
10. Ginger And Lemon Tea
Ginger and lemon tea is often suggested to those who are suffering with stomach flu. It is because ginger has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, which will help to relax your digestive system.
When you have stomach flu, lemons will come to your rescue. Lemons are an amazing fruit that can even make you feel better just by tasting its tangy flavour. They will help in preventing vomiting and diarrhoea by killing some of the bad pathogens in your stomach.
If you are tired of eating plain rice and chicken daily, you can eat pasta. It is a fantastic food alternative for filling up on some good fibre, while ensuring that your stomach gets settled. However, while cooking pasta, skip the sauce and cheese that might cause the vomiting tendency again.
Share this article!
If you liked reading this article, share it with your close ones.