- 38 min ago 12 Effective Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Skin Tags
- 44 min ago Happy Birthday Katrina Kaif: True Minimalist In The Times Of Fashion Overkill
- 2 hrs ago Dia Mirza's Colour-Blocked Sari Is Meant For Ladies Who Want To Look Simply Extraordinary
- 16 hrs ago Guru Purnima 2019: Messages And Quotes To Wish Your Guru
- Finance Vakrangee To Set Up Electric Vehicle Charging Points Across India
- Technology Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus Announced With Improved Gaming Performance
- Movies Anushka Sharma Married Virat Kohli At The Age Of 29 Because Of This Reason!
- Sports England's first cricket World Cup victory is as controversial as its only football title
- Education #SelfiewithGuru: A Campaign To Mark The Occasion Of Guru Purnima 2019
- Automobiles 2020 BS-VI Royal Enfield Thunderbird Spotted Testing — Features Relaxed Riding Position
- News Kejriwal, Sisodia get bail in defamation case filed by Vijender Gupta
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Tea is the most consumed beverage worldwide and people start their day by drinking a cup of tea. It wakes your senses and refreshes your mood. There are people who are addicted to tea and can't do without a cup of it every morning.
There are a wide range of teas available in the market. Some of these varieties include Assam tea, Darjeeling tea, Nilgiri tea, and Kerala tea. People all over the world enjoy drinking different kinds of teas like green tea, white tea, oolong tea and black tea.
Black tea is the most common beverage among the masses. It is because black tea is rich in antioxidants called polyphenols that protect the human cells from different types of cancers.
Black tea is fermented and oxidized, which gives it the unique colour, flavour and health benefits. Black tea is by far the most popular of the tea varieties because it provides innumerable health benefits.
In this article, let's take a look at some of the top 11 health benefits of black tea.
1. Lowers The Risk Of Ovarian Cancer
Black tea has the ability to fight off certain types of cancer, especially ovarian cancer. The theaflavins are antioxidant polyphenols present in black tea that can inhibit the proliferation of ovarian cancer cells. Start drinking black tea to reduce the risk of ovarian cancer.
2. Boosts Heart Health
Black tea contains flavonols, theaflavins and gallic acid that help improve heart health. It also helps in decreasing LDL (bad) cholesterol and increases the HDL (good) cholesterol levels. Drinking 3 cups of black tea per day is said to reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.
3. Lowers The Risk Of Diabetes
Diabetes is a serious metabolic disorder that must be treated in its early stages. Scientists have found that drinking black tea can help lower the risk of type 2 diabetes. It is because the catechins and theaflavins in black tea help make the body more insulin sensitive and prevent the beta-cell dysfunction.
4. Boosts Immunity
Black tea is loaded with antioxidants that aid in warding off the free oxygen radicals. These oxygen radicals tend to mutate the DNA and hamper the normal cell functioning. Black tea flushes out the oxygen radicals, thereby helping to restore the normal cell and body functions and thus boosts immunity.
5. Improves Bone Health
With age, the strength of your bones starts to decline. Drinking black tea daily can significantly restore bone density, as black tea is a substitute for calcium. It can also reduce the risk of fractures and can prevent osteoporosis.
6. Reduces Parkinson's Risk
Parkinson's disease mostly affects older people, but young people can also have it due to the high amount of stress level these days. Research suggests that black tea contains polyphenols that have a neuroprotective effect on the brain, thus reducing the risk of Parkinson's disease.
7. Healthy Digestion
A healthy gut can protect you from various diseases and disorders. Drinking black tea can help improve the count and variety of good gut microbes. The polyphenols in black tea prevent the growth of harmful bacteria in the gut, thus preventing stomach ulcers.
8. Aids In Weight Loss
Obesity can cause various life-threatening diseases and to prevent obesity, you need to consume black tea. Black tea is known to reduce the visceral fat by reducing the inflammation-inducing genes. If you are planning to lose weight, drink black tea.
9. Relieves Asthma
If you have been suffering from asthma and other respiratory problems, drinking black tea is the solution. Research studies have shown that black tea can help relieve asthma because of the flavonoids present in them.
10. Relieves Stress
In today's hectic life, stress has become a part of our daily lives, affecting our health in the long run. So, to bring a relief from stress and anxiety, consuming black tea can reduce the stress hormones in the body and relax the nerves.
11. Good For Oral Health
Oral health is of utmost importance to prevent cavities from attacking your teeth. Black tea possesses antibacterial and antioxidant properties that will protect your teeth from the cavities, dental plaque and tooth decay.
Share this article!
If you liked reading this article, share it with your close ones.