- 52 min ago Daily Horoscope, 15 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 1 hr ago Don’t Break Your Fitness Regimen This Independence Day: Try This Healthy Tricolour Sandwich
- 13 hrs ago Who Was Rakesh Jhunjhunwala? Facts About 'India's Warren Buffett'
- 17 hrs ago What Causes Children To Become Narcissists: 4 Types Of Narcissism In Children, And The Influence Of Parents
- Technology Last Week Most Trending Smartphones: Galaxy Z Fold 4, Xiaomi Mix Fold 2, Redmi Note 11, Z Flip 4, And More
- Sports Maharaja Trophy: Abhinav Manohar’s heroics leads Mangalore United to thrilling win against Gulbarga Mystics
- News No "hello", instead use 'Vande Mataram' when answering calls: Maha minister to govt officials
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 12 August 14 Highlights: Kanika Mann Emerges As The Winner Of The K-Medal Race
- Finance Rakesh Jhunjhunwala Passes Away At 62: 5 Facts About The Ace Investor
- Travel Wettest Places in The World: List of Rainiest Places on Earth
- Education Top 10 ideas to celebrate the Independence Day 2022
- Automobiles Honda CB300F First Ride Review - Aggressive Fighter Neutered By Head Scratching Price Tag
Food-borne illnesses are commonly referred to as food poisoning. Food poisoning is the result of eating contaminated, spoiled or toxic food.
Pathogens can be found in all the foods that humans consume. Cooking kills most of the pathogens, so that's one of the most important reasons on why you shouldn't eat raw foods.
Meat, dairy products and eggs are frequently contaminated, so it should be properly cleaned and boiled before consuming. The most common symptoms of food poisoning include nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramps, loss of appetite, mild fever, weakness, headache and diarrhoea.
Food poisoning can also be a life-threatening experience; but, sometimes, it's hard to determine which food is safe to eat. But, if you know about the foods which are risky, you can cook them in a proper way to kill the pathogens. But, most importantly, do not avoid them.
These are the 10 most common foods that could cause food poisoning.
1. Leafy Greens
Leafy greens are an integral part of your salad and also in numerous dishes. Leafy greens like lettuce, spinach, cabbage are contaminated by dirt, mud and dirty water rinses. So, it is rather essential to wash them properly and boil them before consuming.
Eggs are contaminated with Salmonella bacteria that can lurk inside the egg. It occurs during hen incubation before the shells are even developed. So, cooking them is the best way to avoid food poisoning.
Poultry chicken and ground beef cause food-borne illnesses if not consumed in a proper way. The meat is contaminated with Salmonella and Staph bacteria. Never consume undercooked meat, instead make sure that you cook it thoroughly.
Tuna fish is contaminated with scombrotoxin which causes flushes, headaches and cramps. If tuna fish is stored at 60 degrees after being caught, it can release the toxin which cannot be destroyed by cooking. Fresh fish is what matters the most.
A fresh potato cooked properly is unlikely to cause illness. Potatoes are grown beneath the mud and it should be washed and cleaned properly. Do not consume potato salad served in restaurants, as they might be a cross-contamination of germs.
Most people who fall sick from cheese are the ones who consume it at home. Cheese can be contaminated with many types of bacteria like Salmonella or Listeria, which can cause miscarriages.
Tomatoes if kept for a long time outside can get spoilt easily. It is one of the major causes of food poisoning. To make sure you don't allow the bacteria to grow and multiply, wash the tomatoes under running water. Boil it before eating instead of consuming it raw.
While sprouts are a favourite among the weight-loss lovers. Sprouts are considered as a healthy food, but the seeds sprout in warm and moist conditions, which attract bacteria. Those who have a weak immune system, don't consume sprouts.
Shellfish like oysters, crab, shrimp and lobsters are often harmful food poisoning-causing bacteria even before they are fished out of water. Shellfish contain germs such as bacteria that can cause food poisoning if it's not cooked properly.
Fresh fruits like raspberries, strawberries and blackberries can cause food poisoning. Why? These are the berries that contain crevices which are contaminated with germs. These crevices are filled with pesticide residue, bacteria and excess dirt. So, you need to clean them properly before consuming.
Share this article!
If you like reading this article, share it with your close ones.
- disorders cureFirst Confirmed Case Of Puffer Fish Poisoning In India, Everything You Need To Know
- wellness15 Best Foods To Eat When You Have Stomach Flu
- wellness25 Food To Eat When You Have Food Poisoning
- wellnessFood Poisoning: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- wellnessHow Does Salmonella Bacteria Get Into Eggs
- wellness10 Ways On How To Avoid Getting Food Poisoning
- disorders cureStomach Flu Or Food Poisoning: Which One Do You Have?
- newsHealth Alert: Ready-to-Cook Chicken Contaminated by Deadly Salmonella!
- disorders cureHow To Get Rid Of Botulism (Rare Type Of Food Poisoning)?
- disorders cureTry This Simple, But Powerful, Remedy For Food Poisoning
- prenatalHow To Deal With Food Poisoning In Pregnancy
- recipesAn Unusual Recipe You Will Fall In Love With: How To Prepare Smoked Flour Coated Chicken Wings