- 5 hrs ago Happy Parents Day 2021: Wishes, Images, Quotes, Status To Share With Your Parents
- 19 hrs ago Tokyo Olympics 2020: Know About India's Saikhom Mirabai Chanu Who Won Silver Medal In Weightlifting
- 19 hrs ago Kriti Sanon Looks Fresh And Radiant In Her Vibrant Orange Dress; Take A Look At Her Orange Eye Shadow Too!
- 1 day ago Vitamin E Deficiency: Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Diagnosis And Treatments
- Sports Tokyo 2020: Deepak, Divyansh fail to qualify for Men's 10m Air Rifle final
- Finance Gratuity Act 1972: Here’s All You Need To Know About Nomination Rules
- Movies Yashika Anand Meets With An Accident; Critically Injured
- News India reports 39,742 new COVID cases in 24 hours; active cases decline to 4,08,212
- Technology Vodafone-Idea Likely To Follow Airtel; Increase Tariffs Of Postpaid Plans
- Education JEE Main 2021 Session 3: Students Affected By Rains In Maharashtra To Get Another Chance
- Automobiles Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
We all know the importance of water and how much it is required by the body. Doctors recommend to drink at least 8-9 glasses of water per day. Drinking water has enough power to eliminate fatigue and depression from your body.
Water performs many primary functions in the body, which include carrying essential nutrients from the food you eat, regulating body temperatures, removing waste products, breaking down and transporting nutrients, and lubricating the joints.
Water is also required for performing other bodily functions as well like maintaining the pH balance, metabolism, breathing, preventing constipation, ensuring proper kidney function, and skin toning.
Water also plays a key role in the functioning of the nervous system, circulatory system, respiratory system and excretory system.
Let us have a look at the 10 interesting health facts about water.
1. Maximizes Physical Performance
During intense exercise or high heat, human bodies tend to dehydrate. This takes out half of the body's water and causes fatigue, alters body temperature control, and reduces motivation. Drinking water reduces oxidative stress that happens during high-intensity exercise.
2. Water For Brain Function
Many noted studies have shown that mild dehydration can diminish many aspects of the brain function. Lack of water can impair mood and concentration and increase the frequency of headaches, leading to shortage of memory and brain performance.
3. Water Can Treat Migraine
Dehydration can activate migraine headaches and cause intense pain. Drinking water can help to relieve headaches and dizziness. Instead of reaching for those pills whenever you are suffering with a headache, drink a glass of water to reduce headaches.
4. Water Prevents Hangovers
Drinking too much of alcohol causes hangover, which makes your body feel unpleasant. Alcohol dehydrates your body faster and makes you lose more water because it is diuretic. Drinking enough water between drinks or after drinking will reduce the symptoms of a hangover.
5. Helps In Weight Loss
Did you know that drinking plenty of water can make you lose weight faster? Yes, it's a fact that water can boost your metabolic rate and increase satiety. Drinking water half an hour before meals is deemed effective in losing weight, as it will help you to eat fewer calories.
6. Good For Pregnant Mothers
Pregnant women require valuable nutrients and water for proper growth of the foetus. Bladder infections and constipation are common during pregnancy and these health problems can be avoided if nursing and pregnant mothers drink excess water.
7. Removes Kidney Stones
Kidney stones form in the kidneys when your urine contains more crystal-forming substances. Drinking 10 glasses of water per day can prevent the formation of kidney stones because it will not allow the salts and other minerals to form into stones, thus flushing out the toxins.
8. Maintains The Body Temperature
The human body constitutes about 60 percent of water and it is responsible for the regulation of the body temperature. During summers, your body is warm and in order to lower the heat from the body, it is essential to drink plenty of water to cool your body.
9. Boosts Metabolism
Drinking at least 8 glasses of water in a day will carry oxygen, and nutrients to other parts of the body. This also helps in removing the dead skin cells, waste material and toxins from the body. Keep your metabolism running by drinking lots of water.
10. Rheumatoid Arthritis
Water is extremely beneficial in preventing rheumatoid arthritis. The joints of the human body are prone to continuous friction, which can lead to arthritis. To maintain your joints in a proper shape and decrease the risk of arthritis, drink plenty of water.
Share this article!
If you liked reading this article, share it with your close ones.