- 6 min ago Indo-Pak Lesbian Couple Slams Their Video Removal From TikTok: 'Rumours About Homophobia Are True'
- 57 min ago Kriti Sanon Has Fashion Lessons For Those Who Want To Ace The Traditional Marathi Look
- 1 hr ago Karisma Kapoor Gives Us Awe-worthy Moments With Her Ethnic And Western Outfits
- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 10 December 2019
- Sports India vs West Indies, 3rd T20I: Preview, Dream11 prediction, fantasy tips, probable XI, TV timing
- News Citizenship bill patently unconstitutional, battleground to shift to SC, says Chidambaram
- Finance Gold On A Roll In 2019, More Returns Likely In 2020
- Movies Shweta Basu Prasad Ends Marriage With Rohit Mittal; Thanks Him For 'Irreplaceable' Memories
- Technology Clash Of Clans Version 13 Update With Town Hall 13 Released For Android And iOS
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Travel Darjeeling - The Queen Of Hills
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
The human body requires physical activity for normal functioning to achieve long-term good health. To stay fit and healthy, the body needs to be physically active through various forms of exercises.
One of the easiest exercises is cycling, which is one of the best ways to reduce your risk of health problems associated with a sedentary lifestyle. It is a healthy, low-impact exercise that can be enjoyed by people of all ages.
Cycling can help you protect yourself from serious diseases such as obesity, heart disease, cancer, mental illness, diabetes and arthritis. Cycling is also used as a mode of transportation in many countries.
From toning the muscles to preventing cardiovascular diseases, let's have a look at the 10 health benefits of cycling every day.
1. Strengthens The Bones And Tones Muscles
Cycling regularly involves a lot of pedaling, which strengthens the leg muscles and also the hip and knee joints. Cycling also strengthens the arm muscles and in general improves the muscle functioning of the body.
2. Increases Cardiovascular Health
While you are cycling, the heart beats faster than the normal rate, which promotes a healthy heart. It is because the blood pumps faster that improves your heart condition. People who cycle every day to work or to other places are less likely to develop high blood pressure.
3. Builds Body Strength
Cycling aids in increasing the body's stamina and boosts the endurance capacity of a person. Cycling exercise benefits the body by increasing your energy levels and getting you charged up for the day. If your energy levels are higher, you will feel less of fatigue.
4. Cycling Is a Stress Buster
If you want to get a relief from stress, try cycling every day. Cycling helps in combating stress, depression and anxiety; and if done regularly, it can treat various mental health conditions. This is because riding a cycle is fun that brings positive effects on the body.
5. Cycling For Weight Loss
Cycling is a good way to eliminate the unwanted fat from the body. It exercises the muscles of the thighs and buttocks and it also increases your metabolic rate, thus reducing your belly fat. An hour of vigorous cycling can burn a significant number of calories.
6. Keeps Diabetes In Control
Diabetes increases the risk of heart attack, stoke and blood sugar levels. Cycling every day will help lower the risk of diabetes and it is one of the best ways to keep the blood sugar levels under control. Cycling every day for more than 30 minutes will lower the risk of diabetes by almost 40 percent.
7. Lowers The Risk Of Cancer
Prevent cancer by cycling every day. Lack of cycling exercise could lead to colon and breast cancers. People who follow a sedentary lifestyle with moderate to high physical activities, which include cycling and running, are known to have a lesser risk of cancer.
8. It Improves Joint Mobility
Cycling is an ideal form of exercise for people suffering with osteoarthritis. It is one of the best exercises to prevent or reduce arthritis because the joints in the legs are given lesser stress. Cycling is also known to improve the strength and balance of the body.
9. Boosts Your Bowel Movement
Cycling is a kind of aerobic exercise that accelerates your breathing and heart rate, which helps to stimulate the contraction of the intestinal muscles. This will prevent you from feeling bloated and will help protect you against bowel cancer.
10. Increases Your Brain Power
Want to improve your memory? Then start cycling from now on. Cycling helps to build new brain cells in the hippocampus - the region responsible for memory. It boosts oxygen and blood flow to the brain cells, which fires and regenerates the receptors and can even ward of Alzheimer's disease.
Share this article!
If you liked reading this article, share it with your close ones.