- 5 hrs ago Ileana D'Cruz, Tara Sutaria, And More Have Stunning Fashion Goals For Us
- 5 hrs ago 10 Best Quadriceps Exercises To Strengthen Your Thighs
- 5 hrs ago National Press Day 2019: Know What It Is And Why Is It Observed
- 6 hrs ago International Day Of Tolerance 2019: Know About The Date, History And Significance Of The Day
- Movies It’s Official: Prithviraj And Lal Jose To Team Up Again!
- Sports Valencia GP: Lorenzo to start last race from 16th after Quartararo pips Marquez to pole
- Technology Delhi Residents Can Now Pay Rs. 299 For Fresh Air As AQI Deteriorates: All You Need To Know
- News Pak court allows ailing ex-PM Sharif to travel abroad for treatment
- Automobiles Bajaj Working On A More Powerful Electric Scooter To Be Sold Under KTM Or Husqvarna Branding
- Travel Hajo - The Pride Of Assam
- Finance Anil Ambani And 4 Others Resign As RCom Directors
- Education JEE Main 2020 Sample Question Paper With Solution For Numerical Value Section
Do you often suffer from stomach acidity after having a meal? If yes, then you need to include certain foods in your diet that will cut down on stomach acidity.
Stomach acid to a certain level is required to digest the food and allow the body to absorb nutrients. However, too much of stomach acidity occurs when there is acid backflow from the stomach into the oesophagus.
Sometimes, stomach acidity can cause other problems too like stomach ulcers and heartburn. This causes a discomfort in the oesophagus. So, it is rather important to reduce your stomach acid by eating certain foods that will aid in reducing stomach acidity.
Eating the right kind of foods is the key to controlling stomach acidity. Here are 10 foods that reduce excess stomach acid.
Milk contains calcium, an alkaline mineral that works to neutralize acid in contact. Milk contains large amounts of calcium, making it one of the best foods to reduce stomach acid. If you are suffering from stomach acidity, soothe your stomach by gulping down a glass of milk.
2. Herbal Tea
Herbal teas are considered to be among the best teas to fight against stomach acid. They calm your intestines and reduce the production of more acid. When you are drinking herbal teas, cool it slightly and sip the tea slowly, so that it acts better in your stomach.
Ginger is another wonderful ingredient to soothe stomach acid instantly due to its anti-inflammatory properties. It has the ability to improve digestive problems and cures stomach acidity. Try chewing a raw ginger piece or make yourself a ginger tea, the next time you suffer from stomach acidity.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar or apples are widely regarded as effective treatments for stomach acidity. Although apples are acidic in nature, they contain healthy acids and enzymes that help neutralize the stomach acid inside your body.
5. Green Smoothies
Opt for dark green vegetables and make smoothies out of it. You will get all the antioxidants and nutrients in one go and it will help to reduce stomach acid quickly. Green juices help to curb inflammation in the body and it digests easily in the stomach. You can drink green smoothies before a meal.
Oatmeal is a breakfast favourite for many. Whole grain oatmeal is an excellent source of fibre that absorbs acid in the stomach and it reduces the symptoms of acidity. Fibre reduces constipation, promotes intestinal health, and keeps the body full for a longer period of time.
7. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is a natural cooling agent that has the ability to treat heartburns and stomach acid. It has healing properties, when consumed, which will benefit you in reducing the stomach acidity. You can have aloe vera juice or use it in food recipes to prevent stomach acid.
8. Raw Salad
Raw salads are naturally alkaline and full of digestive benefits. Salads prevent inflammation and stomach acidity. It is because a salad constitutes of leafy greens, carrots, cucumbers, celery, asparagus, and lettuces, which are some of the most powerful foods for reducing inflammation.
9. Olive Oil
Olive oil helps with heartburn and indigestion and provides anti-inflammatory benefits. Drizzle olive oil on your foods, instead of cooking with it. Avoid using canola oil, peanut oil and other vegetable-based oils because they are more acidic in nature.
Chicken does not cause acidity, as it has proteins that will help in preventing against stomach acidity. Don't deep fry or pan fry the chicken; instead grill or sauté the chicken and avoid adding too many spices. Too much spices can increase the stomach acidity, making you feel uneasy.
Share this article!
If you liked reading this article, share it with your close ones.