Walking is an automatic human function that serves many practical roles. It is a form of aerobic exercise and is one of easist ways to increase your physical activity.
Any kind of a physical activity increases your heart rate, strengthens your heart, increases blood circulation throughout the body, bringing more oxygen and nutrients to your organs.
Exercise also increases your lung's ability to take in the oxygen, lowers blood pressure levels, helps reduce body fat, improves blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
You may also have a checkup before beginning an exercise programme. If you have heart problems, then your doctor may want to do tests to find out how much activity your heart can safely handle.
You need to make sure to set a goal and try to walk at a moderate activity level for at least 2 and 1/2 hours a week. One way to do this is to walk for 30 minutes a day, for at least 5 times a week.
In this article, we have also mentioned the different ways in which your heart benefits out of walking. Read further to know more about the benefits of walking for the heart.
1. Walking Is As Good As Running:
A recent study showed that walking can lower your risk of high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes. Walking for 30 minutes a day can improve your heart health.
2. Walking Makes Your Heart Stronger:
Walking is a great cardio exercise and it lowers LDL cholesterol and increases the HDL cholesterol (good). It is one of the top benefits of walking for the heart.
3. Walking Is Your Best Medicine:
Walking for 30 minutes a day was linked to an 18% lower risk of coronary heart disease, as per a study. When the subjects were told to walk for 3 hours a week, it was found that it was linked to 35% lower risk of heart attack and cardiac death.
4. Walking Boosts Your Energy:
Walking boosts your blood circulation and increases the oxygen supply to every cell in the body. This is very beneficial for the health of the heart.
5. Walking Clears Your Mind:
Anxiety and heart disease are very much corelated. The effects of anxiety on the heart can cause tachycardia, increased blood pressure and decreased heart variability.
- 10 Ways To Clean Up Your Diet For A Healthier Heart
- 10 Awesome Health Benefits Of Fish Oil
- 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Beer
- 10 Health Benefits Of Gelatin You Should Know
- 10 Things That Happen When You Try A Vegan Diet
- 10 Surprising Health Benefits Of Goat Milk
- 10 Mind-blowing Health Benefits Of Raspberries
- 10 Health Benefits Of Cottage Cheese Or Paneer
- 10 Health Benefits Of Avocado Oil
- 11 Surprising Health Benefits Of Passion Fruit
- 10 Health Benefits Of Kiwi Fruit You Didn't Know
- 12 Health Benefits Of Fennel Seeds
- 8 Telling Signs You Have An STD