A sneeze is strange. It is uncontrollable and unstoppable. A sneeze is a forcible blow of air and water droplets from the mouth.
Sometimes, the water droplets can even travel up to 30 feet! That is why when an infected person sneezes, the infection could spread to others when he sneezes!
Have you ever wondered at what speed the water droplets travel? Well, the speed is between 20-40 meters per hour!
Here are some more facts that explain why a sneeze should be stopped and why others around must not be affected by your sneeze.
Why You Shouldn’t Control Your Sneeze
When you are around people and a sneeze comes, you tend to control it as you don't want to sneeze in public. But you know what? Stopping a sneeze is harmful to you. And sneezing is harmful to others around!
Does It Damage The Eardrum?
In some cases, a sneeze when forcibly stopped can even damage the eardrum. It can even pop a blood vessel somewhere in the eye!
The reason why stopping a sneeze could be dangerous is the pressure of the sneeze shifts to other areas like the skull or the sinuses.
Can The Body Recover?
Of course, the damage caused by stopping a sneeze can be recovered naturally as the body repairs itself; but still researchers still say that it isn't advisable to stop a violent sneeze.
What to do when are in public. Well, cover your mouth with a napkin and still sneeze. That will help you prevent the infection from spreading and at the same time, your body feels relieved.
Diseases That Spread
Flu, influenza and common cold are the main diseases that could easily spread through a sneeze. When you are in a crowded place and women sneezes without covering the mouth, you may need to cover up your nose and mouth to avoid getting infected.
What To Do?
Also, carry a few tissue papers in your bag to cover your face either while sneezing or when others around you sneeze!
- 9 Uncommon Oral Health Problems You Didn't Know
- Is Your Body's Pitta Dosha Imbalanced? Here Are The Symptoms
- 7 Best Ways To Prevent Breast Cancer, Backed By Science!
- Effective Treatment For Gynecomastia Recommended By An Expert
- Alcohol Promotes Disease By Altering Oral Bacteria
- Tongue Piercing Dos and Dont's: Everything You Need To Know
- Werner Syndrome: Facts You Should Know About This Condition
- 14 Health Benefits Of Caraway Seeds
- 10 Natural Remedies To Treat Vaginal Fungal Infection
- 7 Surprising Tips From Dentists For Better Dental Health
- Surviving On One Kidney: Things You Should Know
- Bits Of These Fruit and Veggies Are Actually Good For You!