- 54 min ago Cuteness Alert: Adorable Pandas Doing Funny Activities Will Make You Fall In Love With Them
- 1 hr ago Sania Mirza Keeps Her Jewellery Game Strong At Sister, Anam Mirza's Wedding Festivities
- 2 hrs ago Sonam Kapoor Ahuja Gives Fabulous Fashion Goals With Her Amazing Outfits
- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 12 December 2019
- News 12 yr old raped repeatedly by 4 men in Haryana
- Sports India vs West Indies: Key takeaways from T20 series: KL Rahul grabs chance; Rishabh Pant disappoints again
- Finance Ujjivan Small Finance Bank Lists At 64% Premium Over Issue Price
- Movies Birthday Exclusive! People Tend To Be At Ease Around Rajinikanth, Says Kishore
- Technology Huawei P40 To Feature Advanced Horizon Display: Launch By March 2020
- Travel 10 Best Places In India To Enjoy Christmas Vacation With Family
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
What is lethargy? Well, have you ever felt lazy, fatigued and low in energy levels? Well, what causes that? It could be stress, boredom, poor diet or even insomnia.
Generally, a good night's sleep can act as a good remedy for that. But in some cases, lethargy could also be due to serious health conditions too.
For example, people suffering from thyroid problems, sleep disorders, anemia, asthma and cancer could also suffer from lethargy. Other symptoms like feeling demotivated and depressed may accompany. Here are some more facts about lethargy.
Go For Medical Tests
If the problem of lethargy becomes chronic, then it could be a symptom of some serious medical condition. If that is the case, a doctor can diagnose the actual health issues causing lethargy. Urine and blood tests are recommended.
Lethargy in itself isn't a serious problem if it lasts only for a day or two. But if it accompanies pain, confusion, dizziness, heart palpitations, blurred vision, fever or chest pain then going to a hospital is inevitable.
The problem with lethargy is that you tend to feel drained. Your muscular strength dips and you may not feel like doing any work. Lack of motivation may make you sit in a gloomy mood for long. If you neglect the issue, your body may fail to even respond to any stimuli.
It could be thyroid issue if your lethargy increases as the day passes. Other symptoms include sudden weight gain, constipation etc.
If the symptoms of the lethargy include stress and depression and if the lethargy persists all day then it could be due to sleep deprivation.
If lethargy symptoms don't subside even after starting a healthy diet as well as exercise program, then it could be due to chronic fatigue syndrome.
Consult A Doctor
Generally, lethargy can be tackled by staying active and eating healthy. But in some cases anxiety, substance abuse, depression, grief and dementia could also cause lethargy. In such a case, consulting a doctor is a must.