With the arrival of the monsoon season, there is, of course, a lot to look forward to. The coolness the showers bring after the scorching heat of the summer months is indeed a welcome change.
But along with the niceties, sadly, there is also a widespread of several dangerous diseases like dengue.
The small water pools seen in plenty near the garbage after the showers act as a perfect breeding ground for the most dangerous species of mosquitoes like the Aedis Aegypti.
They are the primary agents to spread dengue fever and can be identified by the black and white stripes on their legs. Now, let us see what havoc this fever creates on our body. It is popularly known as the 'break bone fever'.
As the name suggests, this fever causes severe pain in the joints and the muscles. Other symptoms of this dangerous fever are vomiting, nausea, headaches and severe rashes.Meanwhile, also learn how neem leaves help in treating dengue.
On the early onset of these symptoms, it is better to get medical help without any delay as this fever is life threatening.
If due precautions are taken aptly, there are a lot of chances to protect ourselves from dengue.Also there are certain things that you need to know about dengue.
In this article, we have listed out the possible preventive measures that can be taken to escape from the dangerous clutches of this fever.
Since prevention is better than cure, it is always wise to take the possible ways to protect ourselves from diseases rather than running around in the later stages for a cure!
1. Make Sure To Have No Stagnant Water Around The House:
Make sure that there is no stagnant water around the house as it acts as a perfect breeding place for the mosquitoes. Possible places to see stagnant water in and around the house are the over watered flower pots and excess water in uncovered buckets and pails. Making sure that water around the house is not exposed but covered, can go a long way in preventing the mosquitoes to breed.
2. All The Windows And Doors Should Be Kept Properly Shut At Dusk:
It is to be made sure that all windows and doors are kept shut especially during the evenings as it is during that time that the mosquitoes find their way into the house. Efforts should be taken to cover any holes in the windows and door screens.
3. Usage Of Mosquito Repellent Creams:
Mosquito repellents can be chemical, synthetic or natural. Their purpose is to camouflage the natural body odour, thus tricking them not to bite us. So it is always best to apply the mosquito repellent creams that suit our skin, both during mornings and dusk to keep mosquito bites at bay.
4. Usage Of Mosquito Nets:
To sleep under a mosquito net is always a good solution to keep those mosquitoes away. Do make sure that these nets do not have holes large enough for those pests to enter the net, otherwise they might end up having a feast.
5. Maintenance Of Hygiene Around The House:
- It is always advisable to have covered dustbins to stop those pests from multiplying.
- Make sure that the dustbins are cleaned regularly.
- Toilets and bathrooms in the house should be kept clean and dry.
Always a hygienic atmosphere would keep many diseases away.
6. Keep Tulsi leaves Near Doors & Windows To Ward Off Dengue:
Tulsi, which is a medicinal plant, when kept near the openings of the house keeps mosquitoes away.
7. Keeping Neem Leaves Inside Your House:
Keeping neem leaves inside your house helps in repelling mosquitoes.
8. Garlic Spray:
A few garlic pods can be crushed and boiled and the water in which it has been boiled can be sprayed around. The strong, pungent odour of garlic is sure to drive away mosquitoes.
- 25 Natural Home Remedies To Treat Dengue Fever
- 11 Effective Juices For Dengue Fever
- Know About This New Variant Of Dengue
- 40 Pc Jump In Dengue Cases In A Week In Delhi; Total 3,109
- Work On War-Footing To Control Spread Of Dengue- TN
- Scientists Find How Anti-dengue Antibodies Help Prevent Zika; Tips To Prevent Zika Virus
- 5 People Die Of Dengue & Leptospirosis In Mumbai; Know The Symptoms & Treatment Measures
- Mumbai Flood: Infection Risks & Ways To Prevent Them
- Dengue Treatment: Doctors Recommend These Fruits To Increase Blood Platelets
- Are Mosquitoes Targeting You? Why Mosquitoes Bite Some People More Than Others?
- Health Tips Given By Doctors When You Have Dengue
- Dengue Fever: How Google Search Helps Track Dengue
- 10 Natural Home Remedies For Fever