- 1 hr ago Madhuri Dixit-Nene Skincare Routine: Besan Face Pack For A Quick Refresher; DIY In 5 Steps!
- 1 hr ago Eid 2022: Deepika Padukone To Sara Ali Khan, Your Ethnic Outfit Guide From B-Town Beauties
- 2 hrs ago New WHO Initiative Aims To Stop The Spread Of Malaria Vectors: What You Should Know
- 2 hrs ago Eating Refined Grains Such As White Rice May Increase Premature Heart Disease Risk
- Finance ICICI Securities Bets On This Maharatna Stock For Return Up To 38%, Target Time 1 Year
- News Deaths of Indian prisoners in Pakistani jails 'alarming': MEA
- Education Mrs. Rupal Dalal, MD, JD Institute of Fashion and Technology conferred with the Global Gandhi Award
- Movies Mumfluencers Awards 2022: Josh Hosts A Happening Event In Collaboration With Grehalakshmi Magazine
- Technology Crypto Thieves Exploit Blockchain Bridges to Snatch $100Mn From Binance-linked network
- Sports FIFA Under-17 Women's World Cup: India eye a quarterfinal berth, says coach Dennerby
- Automobiles Hero Vida V1 Plus & V1 Pro Electric Scooters Launched In India - Prices Start At Rs 1.45 Lakh
- Travel Great Pyramid of Giza: The Only Standing Structure from The Seven Wonders of The Ancient World
If you are into the habit of watching television for long then you need to stop it immediately. As a new study has found that sitting and watching television for long increases the risk of developing blood clots.
Along with just watching TV, people tend to sit for long and go on munching snacks that further worsens the condition.
According to the findings of the study, the risk of blood clots in the veins of the legs, arms, pelvis and lungs known as venous thromboembolism or VTE increases with the amount of time spent watching television even if people get the recommended amount of physical activity.
The researchers had taken into consideration and examined 15,158 middle-aged (45-64 years) participants during the study.
During the course of the study, researchers found that those who watched TV very often were at 1.7 times higher risk of developing blood clots compared with those who watch TV never or seldom.
The people, who met recommended guidelines for physical activity and reported watching TV very often, had 1.8 times higher risk compared to those who reported watching TV never or seldom.
The results was recently presented at the American Heart Association's Scientific Sessions in California.
There are a few natural remedies that helps to prevent blood clots. Few of them are discussed here. Take a look.
1. Drink Plenty Of Water:
If you are dehydrated or your body lacks in water then there are high chances of having a blood clot. Hence it is very essential to drink plenty of water, at least 8 glasses a day. This not just helps in keeping you away from having a blood clot but it also helps to prevent several other diseases.
2. Grape Juice:
Grapes are an excellent fruit. Not just the fruits, but grape juice are also equally healthy. The purple grapes are known to contain flavonoids that help to prevent blood clots and in turn helps in making blood platelets. Several studies have found that drinking purple grape juice in moderate amount helps prevent blood clots.
Garlic is commonly found in every kitchen. Garlic contains a compound called allicin which is known for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Above all garlic contains certain certain blood thinning properties as well. Add garlic on a regular basis to your dishes or you could just take 1-2 cloves of garlic in the morning. It helps to prevent blood clots.
4. Olive Oil:
Olive oil contains good fat that are helpful for the body. It is basically the phenols in virgin olive oil that helps in preventing blood clots. Regular use of olive oil helps in regulating the blood flow and thus prevent any kind of blood clots.
Though it might be difficult to find kiwi in every market, but kiwi is one of the best known fruits. Consuming kiwi is good for the heart, helps lower the cholesterol level and the risk of blood clots. Consuming 1-2 kiwis on a regular basis helps prevent blood clots.
(With Agency Inputs)
- menDheeraj Dhoopar: Most Appealing Actor In Black! See PICS
- bollywood wardrobeKasautii Zindagii Kay 2 Actress Erica Fernandes Exudes Festive Vibes In A Sober Pristine White Suit
- pulseWorld Television Day 2019: 15 Unknown And Interesting Facts About Television
- wellnessWatching Too Much TV Can Increase The Risk of This Disease
- wellnessSitting & Watching Television For Long Can Cause This Problem
- newsStudy Says Binge-watching Television Can Severely Affect Your Sleep
- bollywood wardrobeDid You Know Divyanka Tripathi Made Her Mehendi Ceremony Earrings Herself?
- bollywood wardrobeDivyanka Weds Vivek -- Their Wedding Pictures You've Not Seen Before!
- bollywood wardrobeHot News: Divyanka Tripathi & Vivek Dahiya Are Finally Hitched!
- bollywood wardrobe#Exclusive: Divyanka Tripathi & Vivek Dahiya Make A Stylish Couple At Their Sangeet Ceremony
- bollywood wardrobeLisa Haydon Is The Sexiest Television Diva In The Boldest Of Black
- bollywood wardrobeDia Mirza's All White Outfit Should Be Your Ethnic Wardrobe Staple