- 4 hrs ago 10 Risks Associated With Protein Overconsumption
- 5 hrs ago 8 Alarming Symptoms Of Cervical Cancer In Women
- 6 hrs ago Ananya Panday Stuns In A Tarun Tahiliani’s Hand-Embroidered Lehenga And It Is Pretty Unique
- 6 hrs ago Pooja Hedge’s Green Velvet Manish Malhotra Lehenga Will Help You Rock Winter Wedding
- Movies Salman Khan’s Race 3 Was Not A Flop: Remo D’Souza
- News EU to debate anti-CAA resolution, voting delayed till March
- Sports PBL 2020: Hyderabad Hunters recovers after Sindhu's shock defeat to Michelle Li
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A51 With Quad Rear Cameras Launched For Rs. 23,999
- Finance All Indian Railway Coaches, Wagons To Be Tagged With RFID For Tracking By 2021
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In 2020
- Automobiles Toyota Fortuner BS6 Petrol And Diesel Engine Specifications Revealed
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Thomas Fuller, a famous English historian once said, "Health is not valued till sickness comes".
Most of us can agree with the above quote because with our busy lifestyle, we often take our health for granted, right?
For instance, even though we know the fact that eating out too often could give us an upset stomach, some of us still continue to do so.
And when we do suffer from an upset stomach, we feel disappointed in ourselves; however, we tend to repeat our mistakes!
Well, as we may realize good health is one of the most essential requirements needed for a human being to lead a quality life.
Without good health, it could be impossible to remain peaceful.
Imagine this. You have a great job and you have managed to reach most of your goals in life; however, if you find out that you are suffering from a disease, you may never be able to enjoy your life to the maximum extent.
Even a small headache or a common cold can put us through a lot of pain and discomfort, so it could be much worse if we develop major diseases.
So, most of us make a conscious effort to maintain good health, right?
We try to eat healthy as much as possible, we include exercise in our daily routine and so on, and still, some of us may not be able to escape diseases!
Another thing that some of us do to boost our health is to take vitamin supplements.
They could be prescribed by doctors or we could be taking them on our own.
Now, we think that vitamin supplements could be healthy; however, a research study has found that they could actually harm our health!
Here are a few dangers of taking vitamin pills, in excess; have a look!
Fact #1 Can Clog Your Arteries
Some of the vitamin pills may contain harmful substances which can clog your arteries, just like cholesterol does, thus putting you at the risk of heart attacks!
Fact #2 Cause Allergies
Many of the vitamin pills use synthetic dyes to manufacture their brightly coloured capsule covers and these dyes are linked to causing allergies and behavioural problems.
Fact #3 Traces Of Toxins
Studies have found traces of toxins like lead, cadmium, etc., which are used when vitamin pills are artificially manufactured. These toxins are dangerous for health.
Fact #4 Stomach Problem
Taking more than the prescribed dosage of vitamins can put you at a risk of developing diarrhoea, stomach upset, allergies, etc. So, a doctor must always be consulted before taking these pills.
Fact #5 Assortment Of Pills Could React
Many of us may take a random assortment of multiple vitamin tablets, when we are self-medicating. This habit could prove to be very harmful for health, as the assortment of pills could react negatively with each other.
Fact #6 Development Of Cancerous Cells
Taking certain vitamin pills in excess, for a long time is also linked to the development of cancerous cells in your body, thus giving way to this deadly disease.