- 1 hr ago What You Need To Know About The Ranna Puja (Cooking Festival) In West Bengal
- 1 hr ago Kangana Ranaut's Latest Airport Wardrobe Includes Breezy And Boss Lady Outfits
- 1 hr ago How To Get Nushrat Bharucha’s Glossy Make-up And Wet Hair Look
- 1 hr ago Dream Girl Actress Nushrat Bharucha Has Long Dress Goals For Girls With Average Height
- News Bengal, Hyderabad, Bangladesh: NIA registers its first human trafficking case under amended law
- Technology Kingston Throned As The Number One DRAM Module Supplier For 16th Consecutive Year
- Sports BCCI election runs into rough weather over cooling off clause
- Automobiles Mahindra Car Sales India August 2019: Bolero Becomes Brand’s Top-Seller Yet Again
- Movies This Video of Taimur Speaking Toddler Language Is The CUTEST Thing You Will See On The Internet
- Finance Airtel Payments Bank Launches "Bharosa" Savings Account
- Education NIOS Admit Card Released For Class 10 And 12 Sep/Oct 2019 Board Exam
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
There was a time when arthritis was common among the elderly, but now arthritis, specifically rheumatoid arthritis, is affecting the young adults as well.
So if you are suffering from rheumatoid arthritis then you need to take certain precautionary measures when it comes to food.
However, a new study has found that vitamin D helps in preventing rheumatoid arthritis.
So, first of all let us dwell a bit into what exactly is rheumatoid arthritis. Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is a severe inflammatory disorder affecting the joints, including those in the hands and feet.
As per the study, when there is sufficient levels of Vitamin D level in the body, it helps in preventing the risk of rheumatoid arthritis.
The study was recently published in the Journal of Autoimmunity.
During the study, the researchers examined the ability of immune cells in blood from inflamed joints in people with rheumatoid arthritis to respond to Vitamin D.
The findings revealed that the tissue which was not yet diseases responded effectively to Vitamin D. This goes on to show how vitamin D helps in preventing the onset of rheumatoid arthritis. Meanwhile, the effectiveness of the vitamin came down gradually, once the disorder was established.
The study further noted that vitamin D is known for its also anti-inflammatory properties as well.
Hence, having an adequate amount of vitamin D in the body is essential for healthy bones, teeth and muscles. In addition to this, vitamin D also helps to bring down the risks of other inflammatory disorders like cold and flu.
Meanwhile, also learn about a few of the foods that are rich in vitamin D. Take a look.
Taking sun bath for about 10 minutes regularly helps one to get the required vitamin D. This helps in keeping the bones and the muscles strong thus preventing any kind of fractures and arthritis.
Mushrooms are known to be one of the best sources of vitamin D. Mushroom are generally exposed to the sun's ultraviolet rays while growing, which in turn increases the value of vitamin D in mushrooms. Hence, consuming mushrooms on a regular basis helps in making the bones strong and thereby preventing arthritis.
There has been a lot of misconceptions about egg consumption, however consuming whole egg on a regular basis helps in providing the daily recommended dose of vitamin D. Apart from vitamin D, eggs are also rich in vitamin A, E, K, iron, zinc and a good amount of protein and amino acids.
Milk is one of the best source of vitamin D. A glass of milk everyday is a must have as this helps in providing the body with required vitamin D and thus help in strengthening the bones and muscles.
5. Orange Juice:
Orange is considered as one of the best fruits and orange juices are equally good for your overall health. Rich in vitamin D, consuming orange juice on a regular basis helps in strengthening the bones and the muscles. Drinking a glass of orange juice everyday is good for the bones and thus it helps in preventing arthritis.
(With Agency Inputs)