- 21 min ago Hair Dyes Can Increase The Risk Of These 6 Diseases
- 36 min ago Jacqueline Fernandez, Nushrat Bharucha Give Us Winter-perfect And Summer-ideal Airport Attire Goals
- 41 min ago 7 Ways To End A Dry Spell In Your Relationship And Have A Healthy Sex life
- 1 hr ago Instagram Beauty Trends Of The Week: Kim Kardashian, Rita Ora, Disha Patani & More
- News 'Justice should not be revenge': CJI SA Bobde a day after Hyderabad encounter
- Finance Donald Trump Calls For World Bank To Stop Lending To China
- Sports Cricket Australia promise 'international standard' wicket for Boxing Day Test
- Movies Arjun Suravaram Box Office Verdict: Nikhil Siddharth Starrer Emerges As A Hit!
- Technology OnePlus 8 Lite Design Revealed Via CAD-Based Renders
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Automobiles Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
There was a time when arthritis was common among the elderly, but now arthritis, specifically rheumatoid arthritis, is affecting the young adults as well.
So if you are suffering from rheumatoid arthritis then you need to take certain precautionary measures when it comes to food.
However, a new study has found that vitamin D helps in preventing rheumatoid arthritis.
So, first of all let us dwell a bit into what exactly is rheumatoid arthritis. Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is a severe inflammatory disorder affecting the joints, including those in the hands and feet.
As per the study, when there is sufficient levels of Vitamin D level in the body, it helps in preventing the risk of rheumatoid arthritis.
The study was recently published in the Journal of Autoimmunity.
During the study, the researchers examined the ability of immune cells in blood from inflamed joints in people with rheumatoid arthritis to respond to Vitamin D.
The findings revealed that the tissue which was not yet diseases responded effectively to Vitamin D. This goes on to show how vitamin D helps in preventing the onset of rheumatoid arthritis. Meanwhile, the effectiveness of the vitamin came down gradually, once the disorder was established.
The study further noted that vitamin D is known for its also anti-inflammatory properties as well.
Hence, having an adequate amount of vitamin D in the body is essential for healthy bones, teeth and muscles. In addition to this, vitamin D also helps to bring down the risks of other inflammatory disorders like cold and flu.
Meanwhile, also learn about a few of the foods that are rich in vitamin D. Take a look.
Taking sun bath for about 10 minutes regularly helps one to get the required vitamin D. This helps in keeping the bones and the muscles strong thus preventing any kind of fractures and arthritis.
Mushrooms are known to be one of the best sources of vitamin D. Mushroom are generally exposed to the sun's ultraviolet rays while growing, which in turn increases the value of vitamin D in mushrooms. Hence, consuming mushrooms on a regular basis helps in making the bones strong and thereby preventing arthritis.
There has been a lot of misconceptions about egg consumption, however consuming whole egg on a regular basis helps in providing the daily recommended dose of vitamin D. Apart from vitamin D, eggs are also rich in vitamin A, E, K, iron, zinc and a good amount of protein and amino acids.
Milk is one of the best source of vitamin D. A glass of milk everyday is a must have as this helps in providing the body with required vitamin D and thus help in strengthening the bones and muscles.
5. Orange Juice:
Orange is considered as one of the best fruits and orange juices are equally good for your overall health. Rich in vitamin D, consuming orange juice on a regular basis helps in strengthening the bones and the muscles. Drinking a glass of orange juice everyday is good for the bones and thus it helps in preventing arthritis.
(With Agency Inputs)