- 46 min ago Chata, The Cute Munchkin Kitten With The Cutest Sleeping Poses!
- 1 hr ago On Regina Cassandra's Birthday, Take A Look At Her Impeccable Fashion Sense
- 1 hr ago Viral: This Adorable Penguin Migrates 8,000 KM Every Year To Meet The Man Who Saved It
- 2 hrs ago Video Of 70-Year-Old Physics Professor From Virginia Doing Crazy Experiments Goes Viral
- Movies Bigil Completes 50 Days In Theatres; Vijay Starrer Is The Highest-Grossing Tamil Movie Of 2019!
- Technology Moto G8 Power With 5,000mAh Battery To Soon Hit Markets
- News I will not apologize, says Rahul Gadhi over 'rape in India' remark
- Sports Rumour Has It: Guardiola has break clause in Manchester City contract
- Finance Tata Motors Shares Surge 6% On Boris Johnson's UK Win
- Automobiles Tata Altroz India Launch Date Confirmed: To Rival The Maruti Suzuki Baleno
- Travel 10 Beaches To Enjoy A Sunny Christmas With Your Family!
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Guzzling down healthy calories in the form of sugary drinks like soda comes with several health dangers. Soda consumption has been linked to an increased risk of heart disease and diabetes.
It is also the major reason for the increasing cases of obesity. Drinking soda can trigger your sweet cravings by dulling your sensitivity to sweet tastes.
This can increase the chances of one eating more of sweet foods and drinks.
Diet soda intake is directly related to abdominal fat in adults over the age of 65 years.
The increase in waist size among diet-soda drinkers was three times the amount when compared to non-drinkers.
It is hence time that you actually kicked the soda and replace it with healthy and nutritious drinks instead.
As per Dr. Manjari Chandra, Senior Consultant Nutritionist, Max Healthcare, anything that comes in boxes and tins and those that are processed are very unhealthy, as they are loaded with added sugars.
"Ideally, replacing unhealthy drinks is very easy. You can for natural foods like a cup of buttermilk, fresh cup of coffee or tea or infused water that come with flavours of cinnamon and lemon. These are considered to be healthier alternatives", she adds.
In this article, we have mentioned some of the best drinks that can replace soda as a part of the National Nutrition Week. Read further to know more about the healthy alternatives to diet soda.
1. Flavoured Water:
Go for flavoured water that has a natural flavouring. As Dr. Manjari suggests, you can add slices of fruits and vegetables like lemon, oranges, watermelon, cucumber, mint or lime.
2. Green Tea:
You can have green tea either hot or iced and it is available in many varieties. It helps reduce the risk of several types of cancer, heart disease, hypertension, kidney stones, etc. This is one of the best drinks to replace soda.
3. Juice With Seltzer:
Mixing 100% juice with a seltzer provides you with several health benefits. You can go for any kind of juice like pomegranate juice, tart juice or grape juice. It helps with fighting against urinary tract infections and kidney stones.
4. Lemon Lime Soda:
Start with a glass of sparkling water, add a few slices of lemon or lime and a stevia based sweetener which is a calorie free drink and low in carbs. This is one of the best drinks that can replace soda. This is one of the best healthy alternatives to diet soda.
5. Red Wine:
Red wine helps lower the risk of heart disease, Alzheimer's disease and cancer.
With inputs From Dr. Manjari Chandra