- 23 min ago Benefits Of Drinking Bottle Gourd Juice With Ginger Every Morning
- 43 min ago Ban Labs launches CARE Herbal Green Teas in this Winter with 5 organic Flavours
- 1 hr ago Rhea Kapoor Announces Her First Jewellery Collaboration And Guess What, You Can Get It Under Rs 5000
- 1 hr ago Feeding Tube Insertion (Gastrostomy): Types, Risks, Procedure And Complications
- Travel 8 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In 2020
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S20 Series Tipped To Go OnSale From March 6
- Automobiles Nissan To Unveil New Feature Rich Compact SUV At Auto Expo
- Finance Bitcoin Rallies On Gaining Appeal As Safe Haven Amid Corona Virus Scare
- News Half kg human hair, shampoo packets removed from 13-year-old girl's stomach in Tamil Nadu
- Sports Australian Open 2020: I believe in miracles! Federer accepts he was 'incredibly lucky' to survive Sandgren scare
- Movies Did Alaya F Take A Dig At Ananya Panday For Her Nepotism Comment? Actress Clarifies
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Guzzling down healthy calories in the form of sugary drinks like soda comes with several health dangers. Soda consumption has been linked to an increased risk of heart disease and diabetes.
It is also the major reason for the increasing cases of obesity. Drinking soda can trigger your sweet cravings by dulling your sensitivity to sweet tastes.
This can increase the chances of one eating more of sweet foods and drinks.
Diet soda intake is directly related to abdominal fat in adults over the age of 65 years.
The increase in waist size among diet-soda drinkers was three times the amount when compared to non-drinkers.
It is hence time that you actually kicked the soda and replace it with healthy and nutritious drinks instead.
As per Dr. Manjari Chandra, Senior Consultant Nutritionist, Max Healthcare, anything that comes in boxes and tins and those that are processed are very unhealthy, as they are loaded with added sugars.
"Ideally, replacing unhealthy drinks is very easy. You can for natural foods like a cup of buttermilk, fresh cup of coffee or tea or infused water that come with flavours of cinnamon and lemon. These are considered to be healthier alternatives", she adds.
In this article, we have mentioned some of the best drinks that can replace soda as a part of the National Nutrition Week. Read further to know more about the healthy alternatives to diet soda.
1. Flavoured Water:
Go for flavoured water that has a natural flavouring. As Dr. Manjari suggests, you can add slices of fruits and vegetables like lemon, oranges, watermelon, cucumber, mint or lime.
2. Green Tea:
You can have green tea either hot or iced and it is available in many varieties. It helps reduce the risk of several types of cancer, heart disease, hypertension, kidney stones, etc. This is one of the best drinks to replace soda.
3. Juice With Seltzer:
Mixing 100% juice with a seltzer provides you with several health benefits. You can go for any kind of juice like pomegranate juice, tart juice or grape juice. It helps with fighting against urinary tract infections and kidney stones.
4. Lemon Lime Soda:
Start with a glass of sparkling water, add a few slices of lemon or lime and a stevia based sweetener which is a calorie free drink and low in carbs. This is one of the best drinks that can replace soda. This is one of the best healthy alternatives to diet soda.
5. Red Wine:
Red wine helps lower the risk of heart disease, Alzheimer's disease and cancer.
With inputs From Dr. Manjari Chandra