- 23 min ago 7 Surprising Benefits Of Working Out With A Partner
- 53 min ago Janhvi Kapoor And Arjun Kapoor Grace The Ramp In Fascinating Outfits At Blenders Pride Fashion Tour
- 1 hr ago How Does Alcohol Affect Your Workout?
- 1 hr ago Deepika Padukone's Fashion Playlist Includes A Louis Vuitton Campaign And Two White Outfits
- News CISF jawan posted at Mukesh Ambani's Antilia shoots himself, dies
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 7 - Ticket To Finale Task Is Announced, Deepika Das Wins The First Medal
- Technology Exclusive: IQOO To Launch Smartphone In February, Sets 1 Million Sales Target
- Sports Sivaramakrishnan, Amay Khurasiya, Rajesh Chauhan apply for national selector's post
- Finance Best Travel Credit Cards in India
- Automobiles Tata Altroz Launched In India Starting At Rs 5.29 Lakh Ex-Showroom
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
In order to lose weight there are a few teenagers and even young adults, especially the women, who go to the extent of starving and skip their major meals everyday. According to the experts this is not the correct way to lose weight.
This only leads the female to become skinny and underweight. But many of them fail to understand that this can have several side-effects too.
A new study has found that being a skinny teenager increases a woman's risk of having an early menopause. In addition, the case was found to be similar with women who are underweight in their mid-30s as well.
For the study, researchers had taken into consideration about 78,759 pre-menopausal women aged 25 to 42 who joined the US Nurses' Health Study II in 1989 and were analysed.
The medical history and certain behaviour of the participants like smoking and exercise
were also taken into consideration for the study.
The participants were followed-up till 2011. 2,804 participants had reported experiencing an early menopause. Meanwhile it was also noted that, women who fell into this category at any age had a 30% increased risk of early menopause compared with lean or normal-weight women with BMIs of between 18.5 and 22.4.
As per the study, for those female who were underweight at age 18 with a BMI of less than 17.5, the risk was increased by 50%. Women who were underweight at the age of 35 had a 59% greater likelihood of early menopause.
The research was published in the latest issue of the journal Human Reproduction.
Learn about a few of the foods to maintain a healthy weight here. Take a look.
Including calcium-rich foods in your daily diet is a must. Foods rich in calcium not just helps in building your bones but it also helps to maintain a healthy weight. You might be scared of drinking milk as it contains fat, well there are lot of other options, you could go for low-fat milk and low-fat yogurt in order to meet your calcium needs. Apart from milk, there are other good sources of calcium like soybeans, oatmeal, spinack, kale, fish like salmon and sardines.
There is nothing better than adding fresh fruits in your daily diet. Fruits contains all the essential nutrients and minerals like vitamins, calcium, magnesium and potassium that our body requires. Apple, orange and banana are a few of the foods that can be consumed, it helps to maintain your body weight.
Rich in fibre, iron content and other essential nutrients, vegetables, especially green leafy ones are a must have if you want to stay healthy. Broccoli, spinach and even beans are a few vegetables that help. These vegetables can be consumed raw, cooked and in the form of salads as well.
Nuts like almonds, are rich in oleic acid, fibre and contains good fats. Almonds should be included in the daily diet if you want to maintain a healthy weight. Since almonds are low in calories and serves as one of the best snacks and keeps you full for long.
(With Agency Inputs)