If you are someone who has grown up in India, then the sight of turmeric and turmeric powder would be so common, especially in your kitchen, right?
Well, popularly known as the land of exotic spices, India boasts of being the home to various spices like saffron, pepper, cardamom, cinnamon, etc, including turmeric.
Decades ago, travellers and explorers from the West first discovered turmeric in South Asian countries, including India, and then it became popular throughout the world for its flavour and medicinal properties.
In countries like India, turmeric is also used for religious purposes, whilst performing certain rituals.
The amazing medicinal properties of turmeric were considered to be a blessing by nature and hence, even to this day, turmeric is used for religious rituals!
Also Read: Health Benefits Of Drinking Turmeric Milk
Even in Ayurveda, the ancient system of Indian medicine, turmeric is used in the preparation of a number of medicines which can treat and prevent disorders.
Right from treating small wounds to preventing cancer, turmeric has proven to be beneficial, which is even backed by scientists and researchers across the globe.
Now, turmeric is used for consumption in many forms, be it in dishes, adding it to milk or hot water, etc.
There is also a type of tea known as the turmeric tea, which has become popular throughout the world lately for its amazing health benefits.
So, have a look at how turmeric tea is prepared and what are its health benefits, here.
Method Of Preparation:
- Boil 2 cups of water in a heated pan.
- Add an inch of fresh turmeric root to the boiling water, after grating it.
- If the turmeric root is not available, you can use a teaspoon of turmeric powder instead.
- Cover this boiling turmeric mixture in a pan with a lid and let it boil some more for 2-3 minutes.
- Now, collect this boiled mixture in a glass.
- Add a tablespoon of honey and a pinch of pepper powder; stir well.
- Consume this mixture, every morning, before breakfast.
Health Benefits Of Turmeric Tea:
1. Reduces Cancer Risk
Cancer is one of the deadliest diseases known to mankind and it can take away a person's life in the matter of months! The anti-inflammatory properties and the antioxidants present in turmeric tea can help prevent cancer.
2. Prevents Alzheimer’s Disease
Alzheimer's disease is a degenerative condition in which people lose their brain function capacity, as they age. The antioxidants in turmeric tea can help prevent brain cell deterioration and prevent this disease.
3. Treats Arthritis
Arthritis is yet another disease which affects older people, in which they experience joint pain and stiffness. The anti-inflammatory property of turmeric tea can help ease the pain and stiffness.
4. Improves The Immune System
The combination of turmeric, pepper and honey in this herbal tea, comes together to boost your immunity in order to help you fight diseases.
5. Lowers Cholesterol Levels
Turmeric tea has the capacity to lower the bad cholesterol found in your body, this preventing a number of diseases caused by high cholesterol such as heart ailments. The curcumin present in turmeric tea is responsible for this action.
6. Treats Uveitis
Uveitis is a painful and dangerous condition in which the iris of your eyes becomes inflamed, causing redness of the eye and blurred vision. The curcumin content in turmeric tea is known to help soothe your eye tissues and reduce this condition.
7. Treats Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a digestive inflammatory condition in which a person experiences constant diarrhoea and constipation issues. The antioxidants and curcumin in turmeric tea can reduce the inflammation in your digestive system to treat this condition.
8. Prevents And Treats Diabetes
Again, the components such as antioxidants and curcumin present in turmeric tea have the capacity to keep your blood sugar levels balanced, thus preventing and even treating certain diabetes-related symptoms.
9. Keeps The Lungs Healthy
The antioxidants present in turmeric tea can help boost the capacity of your lungs to filter out carbon dioxide with ease, this keeping your lungs healthier.
10. Aids Weight Loss
Consuming turmeric tea before a light, healthy breakfast can boost your metabolic rate and help you lose body fat at a faster rate.
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Nirbhaya Death Anniversary — A Timeline
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test; Day 3 — Full Updates
- Banks May Be Closed For Five Days From December 21
- How To Use TRAI DND iOS App To Block Spam Calls
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach