- 2 hrs ago This Viral Video Of Chimpanzee Carefully Washing A T-Shirt Will Leave You Surprised
- 2 hrs ago Man Eats 'Banana Art' Worth USD 120,000, Says He Isn't Sorry!
- 4 hrs ago This Company Will Allow Their LGBTQ+ Employees To Avail HR Benefits On Declaring Their Partner
- 4 hrs ago Penile Allergy: Causes, Home Remedies And Prevention
- Sports Hero I-League: Quess East Bengal thrash Neroca 4-1 to clinch first win of the season
- Finance Yes Bank Defers Decision On Allotment Of Shares To Citax; Braich's Bid Under Discussion
- Movies Bigg Boss 13: Shehnaz Gill Confides In Mahira Sharma That She Misses Paras Chhabra
- News PM Modi’s tweet on Lok Sabha polls victory crowned ‘Golden Tweet’ of 2019
- Technology RedmiBook 13 With Intel Core i5/i7 Announced For Around Rs. 43,500
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Turmeric is a spice that is used by many people in India and other Asian countries.
Turmeric is the root stalk of a tropical plant and it contains a substance called curcumin, which is said to have healing properties.
Turmeric contains various healthy nutrients such as protein, dietary fibre, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, potassium, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium and zinc, due to which it is often used to cure certain diseases, especially the ones that affect women.
It is available in a dried powdered form and is also available as supplements at chemists' shops.
The general benefits of turmeric are:
1) It has anti-inflammatory properties
2) It can help improve memory due to its antioxidant properties
3) It prevents neurological diseases and helps in the proper functioning of the brain
4) It prevents heart diseases
5) It has anti-cancerous properties
6) It protects the skin from any damage and helps keep it young and fresh
7) It may help prevent diabetes and certain liver diseases
8) It is said to stimulate the immune system
9) It has excellent anti-bacterial properties and can help protect against bacteria such as E. coli, Staphylococcus aureus, etc
10) It helps in the detoxification of the liver
11) It helps exfoliate your skin
Now, let us look at some of the reasons on why turmeric is a must have for women:
1) Reduces Menstrual Problem:
Women have premenstrual syndrome which includes a number of symptoms like depression, pain, gastric symptoms, etc. Studies have shown that curcumin in turmeric helps reduce these problems because of its anti-inflammatory property. Turmeric also helps reduce problems related to menopause like hot flashes, depression, weight gain and impairment of bone health. It also helps ease out hormonal imbalances during menopause.
2) Helps Those Suffering From Endometriosis:
Endometriosis is a disease where the uterine lining grows outside the uterus. Research shows that curcumin in turmeric, because of its anti-inflammatory properties, helps regulate hormones and enzymes and stops endometrial growth.
3) Helps In PCOS Treatment:
Polycystic ovary syndrome, or PCOS, is a common hormonal disorder in women, in which many harmless cysts are formed in the ovary, which can lead to hormonal imbalances and may also lead to diabetes, heart problems and other diseases. The antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric help in PCOS treatment by lowering blood sugar levels and controlling pre-diabetic symptoms. It helps in the detoxification process and promotes weight loss.
4) Helps In UTI:
Urinary tract infection (UTI) is common in women and is characterized by a burning sensation during urination. Cloudy, dark or strange smelling urine and frequent urge to urinate are a few other symptoms. Curcumin in turmeric has anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce pain and inflammation in the urinary tract.
5) Helps In The Treatment Of STDs:
The symptoms of STDs in women are abnormal vaginal discharge, inflammation in the genitals, rashes and sores, etc. Curcumin in turmeric is said to kill microbes that cause genital infections. Its anti-viral properties also help in fighting STDs.
6) Prevents Heart Disease:
Curcumin in turmeric helps protect against many cardiovascular diseases. Its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and anti-thrombotic properties help in protecting the heart's health.
7) Benefits In Arthritis:
Curcumin is said to increase the bone mineral density in women and protects the bones from mineral loss due to menopause, medication or Alzheimer's disease.
8) Reduces Irritable Bowel Syndrome:
Turmeric reduces irritable bowel syndrome symptoms like cramping, constipation, abdominal pain, diarrhoea, etc., that are said to be caused by hormonal imbalances in women and turmeric also helps improve digestion.