- 49 min ago Viral Video Of Pigeons Wearing Hats In Las Vegas Got Twitterati Explode With Reactions
- 1 hr ago Scientists Develop Carbon Dioxide Eating Bacteria, A New Hope For Climate Emergency?
- 3 hrs ago Here Is How You Can Recreate Priyanka Chopra’s Glam And Bold Make-up Look
- 3 hrs ago Indian-Origin Scientist Finds A Way To Fix Leaky Gut By Dead Probiotics
- News Tantrik 'rapes' 21-year-old for Nikah Halala after husband gives Triple Talaq
- Movies Alia Bhatt Beats Deepika Padukone, Named The Sexiest Asian Woman Of 2019
- Technology Xiaomi Launches Gigabee Smart Walkie-Talkie: Price And Features
- Sports Is Rishabh Pant dating Urvashi Rautela? India cricketer goes out with Bollywood actress for late-night dinner in Mumbai
- Automobiles Maserati Levante, Ghibli & Quattroporte Launched With V6 Petrol Engines
- Finance Retail Inflation Spikes In November To 5.54% On Costly Food Items
- Travel 10 Beaches To Enjoy A Sunny Christmas With Your Family!
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Zinc is a very essential nutrient for the human body. Zinc intake is necessary in order to keep us alive and hence it is considered a very important mineral.
This article deals with the symptoms of zinc deficiency in the body. Zinc is present in every bone, organ, cell, tissue and fluid in the body. It is especially present in male semen and prostate gland.
There are several risk factors that can occur if there is zinc deficiency in our body. This is because zinc deficiency is the fifth major risk factor in the world that contributes to diseases. So, if you have been wondering how to know if your zinc levels are low, this article will help you.
This is a major health issue and has led to several deaths across the world. Some risk factors that can contribute to zinc deficiency are as follows: inadequate and vegetarian diet, chronic kidney and liver disease, gastrointestinal disease, alcoholism, diabetes and many more.
A lot of people who are deficient in zinc are unaware of zinc deficiency and this article helps you with finding out the symptoms of zinc deficiency in the body.
Continue reading this article to know about the top zinc deficiency symptoms.
1. Weak Immunity:
Zinc helps in killing bacteria, viruses and cancer cells. Its deficiency will only lead to weak immunity.
Persistent diarrhoea is quiet common in the case of zinc deficiency. It also increases the risk of contracting bacterial infections. This is one of the top symptoms of zinc deficiency.
3. Attention And Motor Disorders:
This is also one top symptom of low levels of zinc in the body. Zinc deficiency can lead to impaired neuropsychologic performance. Low zinc intake can lead to attention and motor disorders in babies.
4. Hair Loss:
Zinc deficiency is also related to hyperthyroidism which leads to alopecia and thinning hair.
5. Leaky Gut:
Zinc deficiency causes a leaky gut that can also lead to health conditions like nutrient mal-absorption, thyroid problems and auto-immune diseases.
Zinc deficiency leads to higher histamine levels. Excessive histamine will lead to allergies, sneezing, running nose, hives, etc. This is by far one of the major symptoms of zinc deficiency in the body.
7. Impaired Brain Function:
This is considered to be one of the dangerous symptoms of low zinc in the body. Zinc deficiency can damage the brain function. It also causes abnormal mental growth.
8. Loss Of Appetite:
Decreased amount of zinc in the body can lead to a loss of appetite because zinc is an enzyme that controls the sense of taste and smell. This is one of the top symptoms of zinc deficiency.
Zinc deficiency symptoms also include hypogonadism. This is a condition where the testicles cannot produce enough testosterone and can lead to damaged reproductive functioning.