- 9 min ago Instagram Beauty Trends Of The Week: Deepika Padukone, Katy Perry, Jacqueline Fernandez, And More
- 36 min ago No Shave November Special: Tips To Maintain A Healthy Beard
- 1 hr ago Planning A Wedding? Check Out This Honest And Hilarious Wedding Invitation Card
- 8 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 16 November 2019
- Technology How To Get Disney+ Service Subscription In India
- Sports IPL 2020: Five released players who may go unsold in the auction
- News MiG-29K fighter on training mission crashes in Goa: Reports
- Movies Harshad Chopda Shares Picture As He Leaves For AVTA 2019; Fans Super Excited PICS
- Finance Bill Gates Reclaims The World’s Richest Person Title
- Automobiles Bajaj Chetak Electric Warranty And Service Details Announced
- Education JEE Main 2020 Sample Question Paper With Solution For Numerical Value Section
- Travel Jabalpur - A Dream Destination For All Seasons
A famous quote goes like this, "When you light a cigarette, your life burns with it."
The above statement is very much a fact because, smoking is one of the most deadly vices prevalent among mankind.
If you just think for a second, each one of us would know at least a few people who indulge in smoking cigarettes and we ourselves could be one among them.
This shows us how popular this vice is becoming, with each passing day.
This habit can be extremely addictive and people who try to quit find is rather hard to stop, more often than not.
Apart from the physical dependency, cigarettes can also cause a psychological dependency in most smokers.
As we know, smoking is an extremely unhealthy habit that people develop, and many of us may have already faced the repercussions of smoking too much in the form of health complications.
Smoking of cigarettes can infuse your body with nicotine, which can be very harmful.
Nicotine, the main substance found in smokable tobacco, is what gets a person addicted to the habit.
Cigarettes are known to be a carcinogen, or a cancer-causing agent, and so smoking is linked to various forms of cancers that affect the lungs, mouth, larynx, throat, liver, stomach, rectum, etc.
When a person smokes, their lungs are affected majorly, as they are filled with nicotine tar and soot.
Naturally, the affected person may suffer from a number of ailments, such as respiratory disorders, lung ailments, lung cancer, mouth ulcers, indigestion, erectile dysfunction, infertility, depression and much more.
So, it is clear that smoking, especially for a long time, can definitely lead to the deterioration of your health.
Recently, scientists have come out with a study which suggests one of the best ways to help people quit smoking; find out what it is below.
The Effective Way To Help Smokers Quit The Vice
As we read earlier, smoking can not only cause physical dependency, but also a psychological addiction.
As in, a heavy smoker can experience withdrawal symptoms both psychically and mentally, when he/she tries to quit smoking, making the whole process much more difficult.
Some of the common withdrawal symptoms experienced by a person trying to quit smoking are, weight gain, body numbness, constipation, fluctuations in appetite, fatigue, depression, anxiety, mood swings, agitation, etc.
So, even when a person is making a genuine effort to quit smoking, it can prove to very hard and many a times, all the effort could be in vain.
Some of the popular methods used to help people quit smoking are, nicotine gum, nicotine patches, cognitive behavioural therapy, etc.
However even with the above methods, many of them still find it hard to quit.
Recently, a study conducted by the University of Vermont said that they key factor which helps people gradually quit smoking is to reduce the amount of nicotine present in the cigarettes.
This study conducted tests in which a group of people were given cigarettes which were low in nicotine content and the other group was given regular cigarettes which are high in nicotine content.
It was noted that the group which smoked cigarettes low in nicotine were able to quit smoking gradually, but successfully.
So, according to science, smoking cigarettes with less nicotine content can help a person quit smoking more effectively.