- 8 min ago Neena Gupta's Frock Look Is Winning The Internet And We Love It
- 16 min ago Ananya Panday’s Bronze Make-up Look For Star Screen Awards Is A Red Carpet Win
- 44 min ago Sonakshi Sinha’s Recent Pink Ethereal Outfits Are What All Fashionistas' Dreams Are Made Of
- 59 min ago 11 Health Benefits Of White Pepper
- Movies Inside Video: What Break Up? Kartik Aaryan & Sara Ali Khan Are All Comfy At The Star Screen Awards
- News Noida police recover 2 dead bodies in a house, extramarital affair suspected
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Finance Petrol Price Rises To One-Year High; Price In Delhi Rs. 75/Lt
- Sports Sri Lanka arrive in Pakistan for first Test series on Pak soil after 2009
- Technology Vivo V17: The Good, Bad, And The X Factor
- Travel Darjeeling - The Queen Of Hills
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
After a long work week, you decide to go have some fun with your friends and in the process, you end up drinking too much alcohol! The next morning, after all the fun is over, you suffer from an extremely bad hangover!
Well, if you have been in similar situations, you would know how bad a hangover can make you feel. The headache, nausea, stomach upset, acidity - are all some of the common symptoms of a hangover that can make a person feel sick to a great extent!
Alcohol consumption can cause dehydration and acidity in the body, leading to hangovers.
Hangovers can be caused by the dilation of blood vessels, inflammation and drop in the blood sugar levels caused by an excess consumption of alcohol. Hangovers can ruin your day and make you feel extremely sick and also affect your immune system.
Like they say - prevention is better than cure. So, here are a few tips you can follow while you go out drinking, if you want to prevent hangovers!
Avoid drinking bubbly drinks such as champagne too much, because they contain a high amount of carbon dioxide which can give you bad hangovers.
Instead of adding aerated drinks as mixers to your alcoholic drinks, replace them with fruit juices, as the combination of aerated drinks and alcohol can also induce hangovers.
Even if you want to mix aerated drinks with your alcohol, avoid going for sugar-free sodas, as they can be worse than the regular sodas in inducing hangovers.
Avoid dark coloured alcoholic drinks like rum and whisky. Clearer alcoholic drinks like vodka and gin tend to be less concentrated and can prevent bad hangovers.
Never drink on a empty stomach, as this habit can give you horrible hangovers. Ensure that you eat well before drinking and also keep on snacking throughout the drinking session, so that your intestines are lined with food to prevent acidic reactions from the alcohol.
Consume ORS solutions, energy drinks or coconut water, soon after drinking, as the electrolytes in these drinks can help prevent hangovers.
Pace out your drinks, that is, give at least 15-30 minutes of gap between each drink, if you are going to drink a lot to prevent hangovers. This gives some time for your system to break down the alcohol.