- 33 min ago Daily Horoscope 11 December 2019
- 9 hrs ago This Viral Video Of Chimpanzee Carefully Washing A T-Shirt Will Leave You Surprised
- 9 hrs ago Man Eats 'Banana Art' Worth USD 120,000, Says He Isn't Sorry!
- 11 hrs ago This Company Will Allow Their LGBTQ+ Employees To Avail HR Benefits On Declaring Their Partner
- Technology Amazon Headsets Fest Offers You Can Get On Headphones, Earphones, Truly Wireless Earbuds And More
- Sports Salzburg 0-2 Liverpool: Keita and Salah see Reds through in thrilling clash
- Movies Shahid Kapoor To Commence Shoot Of ‘Jersey’ On December 13 Despite Being Severely Ill
- News Senior Shiv Sena leader hints at patch-up with BJP, says 'Uddhav will take decision at right time'
- Finance Yes Bank Defers Decision On Allotment Of Shares To Citax; Braich's Bid Under Discussion
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Did you know that some scenarios or medical conditions actually do demand that you eat more salt?
The current recommendation of salt intake per day is 2300 mg. Some people consume adequate amounts of sodium and some in greater amounts.
You need to be very cautious about your salt intake. But some situations or conditions actually demand that you increase your salt intake.
But it is also important that you check with you doctor before planning to bring a change to your salt intake.
In this article, we have mentioned the reasons on when a person needs to include more salt. So, read further to know more on why should we eat more salt under these conditions.
1. When You're Participating In Some Marathon Intensity Exercise:
Athletes who engage in high-intensity exercises require a good boost of sodium. Else it can lead to hyponatremia, which is a drop of sodium in the blood that can result in dizziness and weakness.
2. When You Live In A Hot Muggy Climate:
Excessive sweating can result in a drop of sodium level in the body. Excessive sweating can also lead to hyponatremia.
3. When You Have This Medical Condition:
Salt-losing nephropathy is a form of kidney disease that makes it difficult for your body to maintain your sodium levels. People with this condition lose excess sodium through their urine, hence they must increase their sodium levels by all means.
4. When You're Taking Diuretic Medication:
Diuretics can lead to mineral imbalances in your body, hence increasing your urine output. Hence, the loss of sodium is high in this case. This is one of the reasons to eat more salt.
5. When You're An Older Adult:
Those who are aged 80 years or above, can experience a brain boost by upping their salt intake. A study showed that older adults who consumed moderate amounts of sodium performed better, in the brain activity, when compared to those on low-sodium diets.
6. If You're Suffering From This Rare Syndrome:
A cluster of conditions known as Bartter Syndrome can affect the kidney's ability to process the salt you consume. Some of the symptoms of this condition include vomiting to excessive thirst.