- 9 hrs ago Sonam Kapoor Ahuja Gives Us Cues On How To Notch Up Our Travel Wardrobe
- 9 hrs ago 5 Impressive Health Benefits Of Burdock Root
- 10 hrs ago Swara Bhasker, Karisma Kapoor, And Other Divas Have Fresh Traditional Wear Ideas For Us
- 10 hrs ago 6 Health Benefits Of Marula Oil, Uses And Side Effects
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada Season 7 Day 39 Update - Luxury Budget Task Day 3
- Technology Buying Guide: Best 64MP Rear Camera Smartphones To Buy In India
- Sports Sunil Chhetri doing his best despite being 35, he's not going anywhere: India Head Coach Igor Stimac
- News Bengaluru: 20-year-old college student stabbed to death over brawl during cricket match
- Finance CSB Bank IPO Opens On 22 November: Things To Know
- Travel 10 Honeymoon Destinations In India – Let The Honeymoon Begin!
- Automobiles Mumbai Traffic Police To Arrest Motorists With Unpaid Traffic Fines: Too Strict?
- Education Why World Children's Day Is Celebrated On November 20?
With the mercury level soaring excessively high this year, all that most of us want to do is to get into a swimming pool and sit there the whole day. Also, most of the kids on their summer vacations would like to go for swimming classes too.
Swimming is considered to be one of the best exercises for your overall health and also for those who want to lose weight. However, one needs to take certain precautionary measures in order to prevent certain infections that occur as a result of water contamination.
Also Read: How Swimming Benefits The Brain
Especially during the summer season, the moment one sees a swimming pool everyone of us wants to take a dip and get that cool feeling.
Whether it is the swimming pool in your society or any other public swimming pool, one needs to specifically check the chemical and chlorine content in the water. The chlorinated swimming pool water not just affects the skin and hair but it can also cause eye infections. So taking precautionary steps would be the best way to prevent any kind of infections.
This article explains about a few healthy swimming tips and safety measures to follow while swimming. Have a look.
1. Swim Outdoor:
It is always better to swim in the pools that are located outdoors. This allows the toxic gases to get eliminated in the open air in a better way than those swimming pools that are located indoors.
2. Check For Chlorine Content In Water:
Make sure that you check for the chlorine content present in the water before swimming. When the chemicals and chlorine content are high, make sure to avoid swimming as this can cause skin allergies and eye infections too.
3. Shower Tips After Swimming:
It is a must to take a shower with mild soap and warm water after swimming. This helps in getting rid of the chlorine content that you come in contact with while swimming. This helps in preventing several skin infections.
4. Drink Plenty Of Water:
It is important to drink plenty of water at least 30 minutes before swimming. This helps in keeping the body hydrated and this helps in retaining the body's natural moisture as well.
5. Wearing Eye Gear:
Make sure to wear protective eye gear like goggles while swimming. This helps in protecting the eyes from chlorinated pool water which might cause eye infections.
6. Swimmer's Ears:
Use ear plugs while swimming. This prevents water from entering the ears and helps in preventing harmful chemicals that can cause infections from entering the ears.
7. Precautions After Swimming:
The moment you are done with your swimming, make sure to remove your swimsuit quickly. This helps in preventing infections especially around a person's private parts.
8. Using Moisturiser:
Once you are done with swimming and post-swimming shower, make sure to apply moisturiser on the body. This helps in preventing skin dryness and cracks.