- 8 hrs ago Meet The Indian Baba Who Has Not Washed His Hair For 40 Years
- 1 day ago Mahira Khan Makes Us Want To Attend A Wedding Right Now With Her Breathtaking Sari
- 1 day ago Exclusive: Doctor Shares How Parents Can Reduce Screen Time For Kids to Counter Myopia Risk
- 1 day ago Kalki Koechlin Just Made This Monsoon A Little More Fun With Dreamy Blue Eye Make-up!
- News Knowing one's duty is good: Priyanka Gandhi's jibe at Adityanath's Sonbhadra visit
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu 3 Opening Episode Live Updates: Contestants' List, Nagarjuna's Return To TV & More
- Technology Bluetooth Missing From Windows 10 Device Manager – Here’s The Fix
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Puneri Paltan Vs Haryana Steelers: Dream 11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips
- Education SBI Clerk Mains Admit Card 2019 Next Week
- Automobiles Anand Mahindra Tweets About Creative Parking Space: Fashioned From A Plastic Overhead Water Tank
- Finance HDFC Bank Q1 Profit Jumps 21%; Announces Interim Dividend And Share Split
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
There are several debates going on regarding which is best; eating meat or not eating it. You might have heard a lot of things like what will happen when you go for a plant-based diet and so on.
Some rumours are more true than the others, which is why you must be aware of the actual science behind not eating meat.
Not eating meat can have several health and emotional benefits for the body.
Several scientific studies have linked dietary cholesterol and saturated fat to cardiovascular disease. Saturated fat is present in all meats and fish, while a vegetarian diet does not control cholesterol and is low in saturated fat.
Studies have consistently shown that when people switch to a plant-based diet, their cholesterol levels drop and their risk of heart diseases also goes down.
Here, we have listed what happens when you don't eat meat. Read further to know the changes that take place in your body when you don't eat meat.
1. You'll Lose Some Weight:
People who give up on meat can lose about 10 pounds. They can forget counting calories and they needn't ramp up their workout programme. Vegetable diet will help cope up with everything perfectly.
2. Protective Bacteria In The Gut Increases:
The gut flora of people who eat meat differs from that of vegetarians. Studies have shown that people who only eat vegetable products have more protective bacteria. This is one of the benefits of not eating meat.
3. Your Skin Will Look Healthier:
Many vegetarians have noticed their skin improve and pimples, blackheads, etc., disappear. If you replace meat with fruits and vegetables, all the toxins will be flushed out.
4. You'll Become More Energetic:
One of the important things that people notice when they stop eating meat is that they feel less tired during the day. This diet not only helps you get rid of weight and toxins, but also gives you a feeling of being lightweight. This is one of the benefits of not eating meat.
5. Low Risk Of Cardiovascular Disease:
The link between red meat and cardiovascular disease is high. The carnitine in red meat triggers chemical reactions that can negatively affect our heart.
6. Cholesterol Will Be Reduced By One Third:
When you don't eat meat, the cholesterol level in your blood will drop. This effect can be compared to that of taking cholesterol medicine.
7. Your Good Genes Will Work Better:
If there is a change over from eating meat to a vegetable diet, there will be a switch to good genes. It helps normalize the work of the body.
8. Nutritional Deficiency May Occur:
If you stop eating meat, then you'll experience deficiencies of iodine, iron, vitamin D and B12. Hence, you might have to cop up this deficiency with supplements.
9. You May Lose Your Sense Of Taste:
Zinc is an essential element responsible for taste sensations. There is a high amount of zinc found in red meat and oysters. But vegetarians will have to find another useful source of this element.
10. Muscles May Need More Time To Recover:
Proteins are essential for muscular strengthening and recovery after workout. Plant proteins need more time to start working. Nutritionists recommend that vegetarian and vegan sportsmen consume more protein right after their workout.