- 15 min ago Bangalore School Kids Deliver An Impressive Rendition Of 'Believer' & Imagine Dragons Love It
- 25 min ago Deepika Padukone Takes Fashion Game To Another Level With Her Gorgeous Pink Ensemble
- 55 min ago 5 Facts About Bougainville - The World's Newest Nation'
- 2 hrs ago Cuteness Alert: Adorable Pandas Doing Funny Activities Will Make You Fall In Love With Them
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S11 Series, Galaxy Fold 2 Likely To Launch On February 18, 2020
- News 3-member panel headed by Retired Justice V S Sirpurkar to probe Hyderabad encounter: CJI to T'gana
- Sports Ranji Trophy matches in Guwahati, Agartala suspended due to unrest, curfew
- Movies Eid 2020 Box Office Battle: Salman Khan Reacts To Locking Horns With Akshay Kumar
- Finance Time To Be A Little Cautious On The Markets
- Travel 10 Best Places In India To Enjoy Christmas Vacation With Family
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
There are several debates going on regarding which is best; eating meat or not eating it. You might have heard a lot of things like what will happen when you go for a plant-based diet and so on.
Some rumours are more true than the others, which is why you must be aware of the actual science behind not eating meat.
Not eating meat can have several health and emotional benefits for the body.
Several scientific studies have linked dietary cholesterol and saturated fat to cardiovascular disease. Saturated fat is present in all meats and fish, while a vegetarian diet does not control cholesterol and is low in saturated fat.
Studies have consistently shown that when people switch to a plant-based diet, their cholesterol levels drop and their risk of heart diseases also goes down.
Here, we have listed what happens when you don't eat meat. Read further to know the changes that take place in your body when you don't eat meat.
1. You'll Lose Some Weight:
People who give up on meat can lose about 10 pounds. They can forget counting calories and they needn't ramp up their workout programme. Vegetable diet will help cope up with everything perfectly.
2. Protective Bacteria In The Gut Increases:
The gut flora of people who eat meat differs from that of vegetarians. Studies have shown that people who only eat vegetable products have more protective bacteria. This is one of the benefits of not eating meat.
3. Your Skin Will Look Healthier:
Many vegetarians have noticed their skin improve and pimples, blackheads, etc., disappear. If you replace meat with fruits and vegetables, all the toxins will be flushed out.
4. You'll Become More Energetic:
One of the important things that people notice when they stop eating meat is that they feel less tired during the day. This diet not only helps you get rid of weight and toxins, but also gives you a feeling of being lightweight. This is one of the benefits of not eating meat.
5. Low Risk Of Cardiovascular Disease:
The link between red meat and cardiovascular disease is high. The carnitine in red meat triggers chemical reactions that can negatively affect our heart.
6. Cholesterol Will Be Reduced By One Third:
When you don't eat meat, the cholesterol level in your blood will drop. This effect can be compared to that of taking cholesterol medicine.
7. Your Good Genes Will Work Better:
If there is a change over from eating meat to a vegetable diet, there will be a switch to good genes. It helps normalize the work of the body.
8. Nutritional Deficiency May Occur:
If you stop eating meat, then you'll experience deficiencies of iodine, iron, vitamin D and B12. Hence, you might have to cop up this deficiency with supplements.
9. You May Lose Your Sense Of Taste:
Zinc is an essential element responsible for taste sensations. There is a high amount of zinc found in red meat and oysters. But vegetarians will have to find another useful source of this element.
10. Muscles May Need More Time To Recover:
Proteins are essential for muscular strengthening and recovery after workout. Plant proteins need more time to start working. Nutritionists recommend that vegetarian and vegan sportsmen consume more protein right after their workout.