- Automobiles Tata Motors Announces Mega Service Camp: Offers Vehicle Health Checks, Discounts & More
- Sports Review blunders haunt New Zealand against England
- Movies Adithya Varma Twitter Review: Here’s What Audiences Feel About The Dhruv Vikram Starrer!
- News Karnataka bypolls: 165 candidates in fray, Congress, BJP both have 15 candidates
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A71 Renders Surfaces Online With A Quad-Camera Setup
- Finance CSB Bank IPO Opens On 22 November: Things To Know
- Travel 10 Honeymoon Destinations In India – Let The Honeymoon Begin!
- Education Why World Children's Day Is Celebrated On November 20?
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) is one of the major hormonal problems that women in their reproductive age are facing today. Apart from the insulin resistance or the malfunctioning of the endocrine system, sedentary lifestyle is one of the major causes of PCOS, say experts. Also, there are a few specific foods that actually cause PCOS.
So, today in this article we will be listing out a few of these foods that need to be avoided as they cause PCOS. There are certain symptoms like excess weight gain and despite taking up several measures for weight loss, one is not able to cut down on weight.
Also Read: Natural Ways To Prevent PCOS
One needs to be clear of the fact that if weight gain is due to PCOS then losing weight becomes difficult as this is caused due to high insulin levels that lead to storage of fat in the body.
How do we prevent PCOS then? Getting an early diagnosis done is one of the best ways to prevent this issue. If left untreated, it might lead to a risk for other serious health problems like hypertension, type 2 diabetes and also heart disease.
Here is a list of foods that can cause PCOS. Take a look.
The caffeine content in coffee increases the oestrogen level affecting the menstrual cycle as well as fertility in women. Hence, excess intake of coffee can lead to an increase in the risk for PCOS.
2. High GI Products:
Biscuits, white bread, cakes and white rice or even ice-creams are foods that are high in glycemic index. These kinds of foods containing simple carbohydrates and sugar increase the insulin level and this directly increases the risk of PCOS.
Consuming alcohol in high quantity leads to hormonal imbalance, thus increasing the oestrogen level in the body. This causes PCOS.
4. Dairy Products:
Excess consumption of milk and milk products which are rich in saturated fats can increase the testosterone levels and this is one of the major factors that increase the risk of PCOS.
5. White Sugar:
Excess consumption of white sugar increases the insulin level in the body thus increasing the risk for developing PCOS.
6. Red Meat:
Red meat contains saturated fats. This increases the production of oestrogen thus promoting weight gain and risk for PCOS.
7. Hydrogenated Food Products:
Packaged foods and deep fried foods are examples of hydrogenated fat-containing foods. These increase the risk for women to develop PCOS.
8. Processed Foods:
The chemicals, preservatives and additives present in processed foods increase the insulin level in the body causing inflammation. This is one of the major factors that cause PCOS.