There might have been times when you were the one who stunk up the room. In most cases, it might be due to your laziness to take a shower or due to chomping down on an onion-packed burger.
In most cases, a simple shower, a swipe of deodorant or a minty fresh toothpaste can clear up the situation.
But, in some cases, these odours may not clear up. This is because your body odour can speak volumes about your health. Some diseases produce a unique, distinguished odour.
There some common body odours that might signal a serious health problem.
We have listed them down for you. Read further to know about the body odours that indicate various health problems.
1. Fruity Breath Is A Symptom Of Diabetes:
A complication of diabetes called diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) occurs when your body runs low on insulin and your blood sugar spikes. One of the main reasons for this fruity smell is the build-up of ketones in the blood.
2. Stinky Feet Is a Symptom Of Athlete's Foot:
A fungal infection might be the reason to be blamed for this. If you have dry, scaly skin around your toes, along with redness and blisters, you may have athlete's foot. Your feet might also emit a foul odour, caused by a combination of bacteria and fungus eroding into your skin.
3. Smelly Poop Is A Symptom Of Lactose Intolerance:
When your small intestine does not produce enough of lactose, which is an enzyme, it cannot digest lactose that is a sugar found in dairy products. So, the small intestine directs the lactose directly to the colon, instead of your bloodstream. Here, the gut bacteria will ferment it, resulting in loose, foul-smelling stool.
4. Strong-smelling Urine Is A Symptom Of Urinary Tract Infection:
Urinary tract infection (UTI) can produce a pungent, almost chemical smelling urine. This occurs when the E. coli enters into your urinary tract and urethra. They multiply in the bladder, causing an infection.
5. Bad Breath Is A Symbol Of Sleep Apnoea:
If your morning breath is off, even if you are consistently brushing your teeth, you could be dealing with undiagnosed sleep apnoea.
Sleep apnoea can lead to excessive smoking, causing you to breathe through your mouth during the night. This can make your mouth very dry, which is the common cause of bad breath.
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rs 100 Coin To Be Introduced Soon — Check It Out
- New Maruti Wagon R 2019 Spy Pics — Looks Bigger And Premium Than The Current Model
- PUBG Mobile Vikendi Snow Map To Release In December
- Central Railway Recovers Whopping Rs 125 Crore From Errant Travellers
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- India vs Australia: 2nd — Aussies Ahead
- Woman Gets Engaged To A Chandelier And Gets A Tattoo Of It
- Alia Bhatt Reveals Why She Looked So Sad With Ranbir Kapoor!