- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 14 December 2019
- 11 hrs ago What The--! Thousands Of Penis Fishes Found On California Beach
- 11 hrs ago Scientists Develop Once-a-month Contraceptive Pill, Human Trials To Be Done Soon
- 12 hrs ago A 78-Year-Old Pensioner Gets A Christmas Surprise And The Video Will Move You To Tears
- Technology List Of Most Searched 'How To' Guides On Google In India In 2019
- Movies Arjun Kapoor Faced 3 To 4 Rejections From Aditya Chopra Before He Cracked Ishaqzaade Audition
- Sports Injured Bhuvneshwar Kumar may miss the ODI series against West Indies
- News Refineries shut, fuel crisis likely in Northeast if agitation continues
- Automobiles New 2020 Suzuki Hayabusa Launched In India: Priced At Rs 13.75 Lakh
- Finance Prince Pipes To Launch IPO On Dec 18
- Travel Tips To Have A Local Experience When Travelling Or Moving Overseas
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
As per the principles of Ayurveda, our daily routine and diet must be in accordance to the season. Thus, giving a tweak to our lifestyle and eating habits, we can live in harmony with nature.
It's the time for summer and you might be already filled with heat boils, body heat and many more such issues associated with this weather. Need we say more?
According to Ayurveda, "pitta" or body heat allows our metabolism to work normally. When the body heat becomes very high, it is called the "pita dosha". This sudden increase in body heat is undesirable and disrupts the body metabolism. It also causes chemical imbalance in the body.
It also comes along with symptoms like acne, heart burn, skin rashes and diarrhoea.
Hence, it is best recommended to reduce body heat with the help of Ayurveda. In this article, we will let you know how to reduce body heat as per Ayurveda.
So, continue reading to know more about the Ayurvedic tips to cool the body.
1. Avoiding Heat-causing Spices:
You need to avoid heat-causing spices like cayenne, garlic, chillies, fennel and black pepper during summer. You can go for cooling herbs such as coriander, cardamom and cilantro instead.
2. Avoid Hot, Spicy And Sour Foods:
Avoid these in summer, as they increase the heat in your body and make you feel even hotter. You can add sweet and cooling foods to your diet like white or red rice, wheat, coconut and ghee.
3. Avoid Drinking Ice-cold Drinks:
Avoid carbonated drinks, flavoured juices, milk and yogurt-based fruit smoothies, as they disrupt the process of digestion. It also creates toxins in the body leading to low immunity. This is one of the best Ayurvedic tips to cool the body.
4. Avoid Sour Fruits:
Avoid sour fruits and instead go for fruits like grapes, pomegranate, sweet mango, apple, pear, black raisins, etc. Also, remember not to eat certain fruits within 30 minutes of eating any other fruit.
5. Go For Coconut Water:
This is great to beat the summer heat and isn't summer the best time to relish on it? This will let you know how to keep the body cool from inside.
6. Avoid Fermented Foods:
Foods like yogurt, pickles, breads, fermented cheese and soy products are to be avoided, as they can increase the heat in the body and also lead to indigestion and heartburn.
7. Avoid Direct Sunlight And Excessive Activity:
This must be avoided during the hottest part of the day, as it can drain you out. If you want to go for biking and running, do it during the early morning or evening hours. This is the best Ayurvedic tip to reduce body heat.
8. Drink Room Temperature Water:
Drink water that is of normal temperature in order to stay hydrated. You may also add a sprig of fresh mint to it or a spoon of organic rose water.
9. Wear Loose-fitting Cotton Clothes:
The best colours to wear during summer are the colours that reflect the sunlight, like white, grey, blue and green. Avoid dark shades, as they absorb and retain the heat. This will let you know how to reduce body heat naturally in summer.
10. Massage Your Body:
You can massage the skin with unrefined coconut oil 20 minutes before showering. This remedy will help cool as well as rejuvenate your body. This will let you know how to reduce body heat as per Ayurveda.