The thyroid gland is responsible for producing hormones that regulate the metabolism, body temperature and pulse rate.
If its work is disrupted by any means, it can lead to severe consequences for your liver, intestines, kidneys and reproductive systems. This gland is tucked away at the front of your neck.
Iodine is an essential mineral that is necessary for the synthesis of thyroid hormones and for the normal functioning of the gland. In this article, we'll let you know what are the symptoms of thyroid.
Any disturbance in this equilibrium can lead to hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism and other thyroid-related diseases.
In this article, we have mentioned some of the top symptoms of thyroid disease that you need to be aware of. Read further to know what are the symptoms of thyroid disease.
1. Tiredness And Irritability:
Thyroid disease is known to affect our mood and energy levels. Hypothyroidism can lead to a feeling of tiredness and loss of strength. Hyperthyroidism, on the other hand, can cause frequent irritability and frequent sleep problems.
2. Changes In The Heart Rate:
The thyroid hormone is known to affect nearly every organ in the body and can alter the heart rate. People with the thyroid gland disorder will notice that the frequency of their heart beat has become less than usual.
3. Dramatic Weight Loss Or Gain:
A drastic weight change is one of the most common symptoms of thyroid disease. An increase or decrease in weight, which occurs in a short period of time, can indicate too low or high level of thyroid hormone. This is one of the top symptoms of thyroid disease.
4. Dry Skin And Brittle Nails:
Dry or itchy skin can indicate a problem with the thyroid gland. Further, if your nails become brittle with vertical lines appearing on the surface, you need to be wary of this condition, as it may indicate thyroid-related disease.
5. Body Temperature Regulation Problems:
Thyroid disease impairs the body's ability to regulate its temperature. You may either experience chills or excessive sweating or aversion to heat.
6. Neck Swelling:
Swelling or enlargement of the neck is a visible sign of the problems with the thyroid gland. You need to give an immediate attention to such signs. This is one of the symptoms to show thyroid disease.
7. Muscle Pain And Seizures:
Hypothyroidism can give you pain in different parts of the body. In most of the cases, this symptom is associated with the swelling of the muscles or tumours that get pressed on the nerves. This is one of the signs of thyroid-related disease.
- 10 Health Benefits Of Tilapia Fish
- How To Cure Hyperthyroidism Permanently And Naturally
- You Need To Look Out For These Thyroid Symptoms At The Earliest
- 10 Effective Home Remedies To Treat Hypothyroidism
- High Thyroid Hormone Can Be Risky For Your Heart Says Research
- Irregular Heartbeat Can Be Caused Due To This
- Foods That Help To Keep Your Thyroid Healthy
- What Could Be Causing Periods To Appear Twice In A Month
- What Your Heart Rate Tells About Your Health
- What Causes Lethargy?
- Things Thyroid Patients Should Never Do
- These Are The Reasons For Delay In Periods
- Read This! 10 Bad Habits That Can Kill You