Did you know that stroke is the second leading cause of disability in the world? Worldwide, around fifteen million people suffer from stroke each year and a third of them die due to it.
The incidence of stroke is increasing in the developing world. Stroke can strike anybody of any age, though it is more common in people over the age of 60 years.
A stroke occurs when the blood supply to the brain gets cut off. When deprived of oxygen, the brain cells die quickly. Sometimes, a person who suffers from stroke may lose memories or abilities that belong to the affected part of the brain. This article will let you know what are the symptoms of stroke.
There are two types of stroke, namely hemorrhagic and intracerebral hemorrhage.
The former one occurs when a blood vessel leaks or an artery in the brain bursts and blood flows into or around the brain causing pressure.
The latter one occurs when a damaged blood vessel leaks blood directly into the brain tissue, killing the brain cells.
In this article, we have mentioned to you some of the top symptoms of stroke that you need to be aware of. Read further to know what are the signs of stroke.
1. Pain On One Side Of The Face:
Sudden pain on one side of the face, arm, leg or chest is a typical sign of stroke. Women are more likely to be prone to atypical stroke symptoms.
2. Blurry Vision:
You might suddenly experience difficulty in seeing in the form of blurred or double vision, inability to focus your eyes or changes in sight may also be noted.
3. Difficulty In Breathing Or Swallowing:
Women tend to experience different symptoms of stroke than men. Having difficulty in breathing or swallowing are two of these symptoms. Some of the other signs are fainting, irritation, hallucination, nausea or vomiting.
Delayed onset of hand tremors are an uncommon symptom of stroke. But of the most common symptoms of stroke is cerebral infarction, which is the obstruction of blood supply to the brain. This is one of the top symptoms of stroke.
5. Loss Of Balance:
Sudden dizziness, lack of coordination or loss of balance is the common symptom of stroke that should be taken seriously.
6.Difficulty In Walking/ Numbness Or Tingling Sensation:
Numbness or tingling sensation (like the pine and needles sensation) anywhere in the body, instability or trouble with normal walking, etc., can be some of the signs of stroke.
7. Facial Paralysis:
This is one of the most common symptoms of stroke. Sudden numbness, weakness, paralysis of one side of the face, arm or leg can indicate that a stroke is in progress.
A sudden, sharp or monstrous pain in the head can be a sign of stroke that you need to be aware of.
If you're in the middle of something and suddenly you tend to become confused and disoriented, then it could be a symptom of stroke.
Dizziness and imbalance accompanied by vertigo are often a symptom of stroke. Vertigo is a sensation of swaying or spinning while you're not moving or when you feel the objects in the environment are moving, while they are actually not.
- 10 Health Benefits Of Potassium
- Health Benefits Of Drinking Olive Oil In The Morning
- 13 Early Warning Signs Of A Stroke You Should Never Ignore
- World Stroke Day: How To Identify Stroke Symptoms & Treat Quickly
- Drinking Coffee Can Prevent These Three Dangerous Diseases!
- E-cigarettes May Up Heart Attack, Stroke Risk: Study
- 7 Simple Tips To Reduce The Risk Of Heart Diseases & Stroke
- Magnesium-rich Foods That Will Prevent The Risk Of Heart Attack & Stroke
- How To Apply Liquid Makeup With Fingers By Using The Right Strokes
- Try This Watermelon Remedy To Prevent Cancer & Stroke!
- How Liver Cirrhosis Increases Stroke Risk
- Why Stroke Occurs More In Women?
- 9 Signs Of Bone Cancer Or Osteosarcoma In Children (International Childhood Cancer Day)