Botox is a protein made by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. In medical scenarios, it is used as an injectable form of sterile, purified botulinum toxin. Small doses of toxin are injected into a particular region to block the release of the chemical acetylcholine that might otherwise signal the muscle to contract.
Within a few hours to a day or two after the botulinum toxin is injected into the particular area, the spasms or contractions are reduced or cease to exist entirely. The effects of the treatment are not permanent, reportedly lasting anywhere from three to eight months.
Also Read: Side Effects Of Botox Injections
By injecting the toxin directly to a specific muscle or muscle group, the possible danger of it spreading to other areas of the body is significantly reduced. The most typical adverse effects of botox are headache, respiratory infection, influenza syndrome, blepharoptosis and nausea. Less frequent adverse reactions include pain in the face, redness at the injection site and muscle weakness.
1. Help Treat Depression:
However, botox injections have several benefits as well. The first one is that they help to treat depression. Research has found that when botox is injected in the furrow of your brows, it is able to treat depression. Also, the relief has been found to be long lasting.
2. Provides Relief From Neck Spasm:
Botox injections in the armpits were found to stop sweating. It can be very painful, yes; however, it will provide relief to you for about a year. If you take botox injections in the neck, you will get relief from neck spasms, if you have been suffering from it.
3. Relief From Bladder Issues:
If you have been having bladder issues, unable to hold on to your urine for a considerable period of time, you can find relief from it for a considerable amount of time if you take botox injections.
4. Reduce Migraine:
Amazing, but true, botox injections have been found to reduce the onset of migraines in a lot of people. The number of headaches that they were having reduced in number.
- Alternatives Of Botox That You Can Try At Home, For Excellent Results On Your Ageing Skin!
- Botox For Migraine â€“ Now Proved
- Courtney Cox Extra Dose Of Botox
- Wanna Get Rid Of Sweaty Pits? Take A Botox Shot
- Divorcees' Kids Want To Marry Early
- Botox Can Leave You With Broken Relationships
- Simon Cowell Happy To Do Botox
- Plasma Replacement Therapy To Cure Wrinkles
- Beauty Is Skin Deep, Yes, But With Botox!
- These Factors Increase HIV/AIDS Risk, Avoid Them!
- Careful! You Can Get AIDS By These Surprising Causes!
- How Tetanus Injection Can Harm You
- Importance Of Anesthesia In Surgery